Posted: Apr 12th 2011 10:00PM Saker said

"Glitch is a web-based massively-multiplayer game which takes place inside the minds of eleven peculiarly imaginative Giants. You choose how to grow and shape the world: building and developing, learning new skills, collaborating or competing with everyone else in one enormous, ever-changing, persistent world."

Taken from the website

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 12:58AM Amaxe said

I read the headline and thought that some MMO company put out a horrible buggy program for beta testing.

Guess I'm somewhat out of touch...

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 1:00AM Pitt said

i signed up, seems interesting.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 5:04AM Lenn said

I love the website. It's very quirky. If the game is anything like that, I already like it.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 6:02AM Furyia said

I've played the alpha a few times. It's basically one huge facebook game but without Facebook. I didn't enjoy it because its all meaningless crap like cooking, planting, etc.

However I do like the art style.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 1:52PM Beau Hindman said

@Furyia Could you specify which Facebook games you are referring to? While there are plenty of farming and planting style games, there are also a ton more. Facebook is simply a vehicle for the content.

Glitch is a lot more than farming and planting. While much of it is social, there is a lot of very unique and interesting development going on. Also, it is still in beta so a lot of the features are not included. Some of the scripting -- especially for Flash -- is amazing. I can't wait to see it in released form! :)

Beau

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 3:13PM Furyia said

@Beau Hindman I'm talking about generic Zynga games such a Cafe World and Farmville. The main mechanics used in those games are also used in Glitch, they're just dressed up differently. Facebook is a vehicle for the content but that's also why I believe the content is doing so well.

What unique and interesting developments are going on in Glitch? The scripting may be amazing, I don't know. My point was the game doesn't offer anything appealing or fun.

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 1:19PM kgptzac said

I guess if the name of this game does not contain irony, then the game must be completely sane!

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 3:12PM Furyia said