Posted: Apr 11th 2011 2:27PM Dumac said

I think this is cool, particularly because i think most MMOs make it so easy to fall into a pattern without even realizing it, so doing something to break out of it is great. Just play it your way. Since this piece of "news" has already spread across several websites, maybe the visibility will make someone be more inspired to find their own place in a game, and maybe developers will pay more attention to alternative ways to play their games.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 2:55PM (Unverified) said

The fact that this player leveled without quests, battlegrounds, instances, or grinding mobs shows WoW still has enough sandbox potential for the imaginative player to follow their own path through the game. That's it. I don't think it was done for anyone's approval. The player just wanted to see if they can do it. This really isn't worth heated debate on the nature of WoW or grinding.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 3:24PM PrimeSynergy said

@(Unverified)

I completely agree with you. For some reason people seem hellbent on letting the world know how much they hate WoW. I have yet to find a WoW story anywhere online that doesn't have someone somewhere complaining about something just because they can.

If they truly hate a game, I find it hard to understand why they take time to read every story about that game then proceed to leave a negative comment. It just doesn't make sense.

But hey, that's the internet.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 3:14PM ArQuesta said

I wouldn't have the patience to do that. At all. I don't know whether we should congratulate the player or pity her. ;p

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 3:55PM Jennacide said

One of my guildies tried this exact same stunt, though I believe he got tired of doing it around 63 or so, as BC gathering is sorta bad. As for the 25 deaths by the time you reach 85, that's not impressive, I leveled my goblin hunter to 85 with zero deaths. (Then dragged him into raids and skyrocketed that value)

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 4:06PM ThePunisher138 said

Nice! Sounds like as much fun as punching myself in the face.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 4:32PM FinderKeeper said

What's even more impressive is that no boars were harmed in the process...

X-D

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 4:33PM (Unverified) said

Nice this article is bringing all the trolls out....

...but either way, damn...mining and herbs all @ 525; she must be sitting on a heap of gold bigger than the Washington Monument. O.O

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 4:39PM Utakata said

@(Unverified)

...Oops, double post...with the rest of my name spelled wring after "U". :(

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 4:40PM Utakata said

@Utakata

*wrong...sigh.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 4:38PM Utakata said

Nice this article is bringin out all the trolls...

...but either way, damn...with Mining and Herbs at 525, she must be sitting on a heap of gold the szie of the Washington Monument. O.O

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 5:04PM FrostPaw said

This is cool, when people talk about end game being everything its stuff like this that reminds me some players do have some imagination of their own.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 6:00PM barrit said

Welp, that confirms what I've always heard about this game. Easiest.game.ever.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 7:07PM Averice said

While it's admirable, it's not like it's hard. They really upped the xp gain from gathering with Cata. Now have someone level to 85 without gaining any xp! That's what I wanta see.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 7:12PM (Unverified) said

Yeah, you could do something like this and make WoW interesting again, in some obscure way.... or you could, you know, buy a new game?

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 2:28AM Da Mr said

I just commented to see my nick in green because I've never been to this dark place of Joystiq...

on_topic: grz to you lady druid.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 9:50AM Djinn said

What I wonder is why all of these commenters who plainly don't like WoW are bothering to read a WoW article and then click on the comments, read them, and then take the time to comment. When I don't like something I just ignore it. That's like hating brocolli and then eating it at a restaurant so you can complain to everyone around you how horrible brocolli is - LOL.

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 2:45PM kgptzac said

@Djinn

although that instance is similar to critical analysis that yield an unfavorable result, two things are not the same;)

Posted: Apr 12th 2011 7:25PM Try2Troll said

VIRGIN nerd makes way to 85 without quest or kill experience or shower or sunlight. WUAT A LOOOSA!

Posted: Apr 13th 2011 7:44PM (Unverified) said

This should be a huge wake-up call to Blizzard... if players are having to resort to this type game play to keep interested or they feel there's nothing to keep them playing except a stunt like this, then Blizzard needs to get to work.

I'm sure they had fun and I'm not attacking anyone for the choice to find new ways to have fun and keep the game interesting, but for Blizzard to see this is what fans of the game have been reduced to playing it must be a wake-up shot... or should be.

I see so many players leaving WoW for the same reasons... they have had enough of all of it, the x-pac, the rep grinds, the promise of recycled content, and now the truly dedicated players have taken upon themselves to invent ways to make the game fun... that's Blizzards job, and it seems they are slacking on it.
Previous 20 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |