Posted: Apr 9th 2011 6:29PM DancingCow said

I've always wanted to love Darkfall.... but it was such a seriously butt-ugly baby.

Maybe when they've finished doing these newbie experience revamps I'll dust off my old account and take a second look.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 7:03PM (Unverified) said

To be honest, the main thing they could do which would make the newbie experience friendlier, based on my experience with the one dollar trial, is to make the goddamn mobs in the newbie area BIGGER and SLOWER.

Trying to hit those tiny little goblins darting around all over the place, I found it frankly almost impossible. Give us an easier target to get started on, save the faster-moving mobs for later.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 7:09PM DancingCow said

@(Unverified)

I kind of enjoyed those but I think you have a point. With most of the MMO market being click/tab targetting, those speedy little goblins will be a very challenging FPS experience for many new players.

They're pretty easy with magic - you can just aim at the ground in their general vicinity and they'll get hit by the aoe splash. But if there other players around some will deliberately jump into the splash to flag you as a PvP attacker.

Just one of many game mechanics which can be abused to grief other players!

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 9:14PM xBludx said

It was the difficulty of the goblins that made me stick with this game for 6 months. I loved it after coming from tab-target WoW. I was really surprised when I got my ass handed to me by starter mobs, like those goblins.

I don't think they should change that part.

Definitely need to fix that UI ASAP.

I haven't played for a couple of months, but it's still on my hard drive.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 10:39PM hexaemeron said

I couldn't even try this one. I downloaded the free trial, installed it and it absolutely refused to patch. I tried everything the forums said, and still nothing. I've heard that's not uncommon though.

Posted: Apr 10th 2011 8:56AM Kaoss said

UI changed yet?

Posted: Apr 10th 2011 12:22PM Mad Dog said

Same UI, they will be changing it in the next Xpack called Arena. Meant to be out Q2 this year.