Posted: Apr 8th 2011 8:58PM Firix said

Personally, I don't have any problems with him.

However, the reason people dislike Craig is that he was taking the game in a direction the players didnt want, and every idea was shot down.

DStahl on the other hand usually replies with "OMG That is an awesome idea!"

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 3:57PM Space Cobra said

@Firix

I also don't have too many problems with him. In fact, I liked Zink and his honesty. You could tell from early vids and interviews he was a true fan and he felt let down when he left.

I mean, I do agree with many about Stahl. It seems after Zink, the game just went through a different change and direction in hindsight. Stahl has not hurt STO. In fact, he may be better than Zink in the long term, but Zink was not all to blame. I am glad he is back, but yes, I'd like to keep Stahl as overseer of STO if possible.

Posted: Apr 8th 2011 9:04PM BubleFett said

What is next Bill Roper comes back as executive level designer.
Like really, sounds like a real bad soup opera.

Posted: Apr 8th 2011 11:39PM (Unverified) said

I just want STO to work..just friggin work thats all i ask...I would do dirty vile things just to re-sub to it, if it was worth it.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 12:00AM cowboyhugbees said

As long as Stahl stays at the helm, I'll be ok. He's turned that game around into something worth playing, basically single-handedly.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 5:58AM Renko said

@cowboyhugbees

Yes Stahl turned around the mess that Zinkievich created, this just can't end well!

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 4:41AM Daverator said

I think players have a right to be hesitant. He left. For good reasons or not he abandoned ship, and Stahl stayed and did his best. Which many might argue has been better.

So even with Stahl's blessing there will be reservations. I mean, even if Stahl hated the guy with a burny fiery passion, its not like you are going to say that on your official podcast about your boss.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 12:09PM (Unverified) said

I just don't get this. The game is finally heading in the right direction now, so why bring back the guy that was leading it on the wrong direction initially? I was even considering giving it another shot when/if the Romulan's get their own faction. I still might, but this is definitely a huge red flag for me.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 11:38PM UnSub said

1) There's a broken link in the above article - the "left the game for greener pastures" has a space in the link in the word 'online'.

2) With John Needham leaving Cryptic for Gazillion, Emmert moved up to CEO and Cryptic is now short senior people. Zinc coming back fills in one of those senior gaps.

It's pretty unlikely that the Executive Producers will change, but Zinc will be in charge of operations at the top level.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 9:54AM Ocho said

Stahl made STO what it is today. Zink let it release half-baked and essentially gave it an overall negative image because of it. But after he left is when Stahl took over, baked it to full, and is now adding content and making fixes to turn it into a real game. But, we do learn from our mistakes, so hopefully STO will continue the upward climb.