Posted: Apr 8th 2011 7:35PM Khalus said

There won't ever be another "boxed-size" expansion for XI because of the PS2 space & general hardware issues holding the 360 and PC back.even with the new way updates are handled.

If you notice from the roadmap, the next huge event coming "Voidwatch" ~ its going to reuse existing zones, and even though they'll be instanced battlefields, more or less it'll help to repopulate them by getting high-level players frequenting them again, like Abyssea has done. {Where the entrance will be in that zone}

I like much of the changes coming to Vana'diel, but I still stand by my thoughts that SE would benefit more by scrapping XIV entirely and rebuilding XI with the Crystal Tools engine.

XI has so much more it could do yet and become ever better if it had a new engine where it could get the proper updates it deserves...

Posted: Apr 10th 2011 3:35AM fredtma said

@Khalus

I with you there 100%

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 1:03AM (Unverified) said

Honestly I agree with you completely, SE would have been more successful, just rebuilding XI with graphical upgrades. XI barely requires any tweaks.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 12:08PM Irem said

@(Unverified)
This. With everything they've done to it over the past year or so, it's almost heartbreaking to think of what might have been if they'd just decided to give XI a fresh coat of paint (but then again, the drastic changes for the better might not have been made if certain people hadn't left to work on XIV). I think XIV has potential to be a good game, but I'll always wonder why they were so adamant about not making it a sequel or continuation of XI when all the worldbuilding work was pretty much done for them, and done very well. I remember reading an interview a long time ago where the lore head for XIV was saying that they basically just made the game and then told her, "Here, come up with something to fit this," so it's not like they had some great vision in mind for a separate story to tell.

WRUP: Lucky Korea