Posted: Apr 9th 2011 1:01AM (Unverified) said

haven't even heard of this, any good?

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 1:21AM DancingCow said

On the face of it this sounds intriguing but looking at the details...

... it seems like borderline spam.

Even if it doesn't technically cross that line it still has the potential to irritate "friends" who don't want to hear about player achievements in MO.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 1:50AM kgptzac said

@DancingCow

That is one of the reasons many gamers (and non-gamers) do not like Facebook. It is irritating to see many MMO nowadays can't tell the difference between the social links presented by Facebook, and the virtual world that their games create. One of them is a virtual reality, while the other is the extension of reality onto the Internet. Personally I don't object using Facebook as a advertising medium, but I would be disheartened to see a normal MMO game suddenly gives out discounts and exclusive perks to Facebook users.

Next thing we know is 50% of the standard MMO games as we know today will be Facebook app that run in a browser. Well, I hope not.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 3:40AM Germaximus said

@DancingCow lol Yeah i have 30 friends, 750 my ass and i sure as hell wouldnt spam my own page to death of random people just so i could save some money on a sub.

The idea of filling up my friends list just to have a friends list is not something i care to do.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 10:04AM Hipster said

For a split second I wished I had a facebook account and wished I was extroverted. But then woke up.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 10:26AM Saker said

@Hipster
A deeply misguided (when guided at all) society preaches that extroversion is the one and only "correct" way to be. This is completely false. There's nothing wrong with introversion. Many of the very best of people are. Many of the most interesting and admired people are (even some who people would assume are extroverts because they're in tv/movies are in fact very much introverts).

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 6:40PM Hipster said

@Saker

Thanks for the introvert support Saker.

Posted: Apr 11th 2011 3:12AM Transientmind said

@Hipster & Saker:

We may be misunderstood by the unwashed masses, but we are not alone! The above famous article may help explain to your clueless extrovert friends exactly what the deal is.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 4:31PM Dblade said

What's the privacy policy though. I mean, shouldn't there be some sort of disclaimer that all they do is post on your wall? Any MO players, is it in the facebook app?

The reason why I ask is that while I can see its a cheap way of getting advertising, I'd also like assurances they aren't doing this to data mine.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 8:27PM Seffrid said

Facebook is far less secure than the average MMO, and account security is a real issue for games linked to it in my view.

I have zero interest in social networking and things like Facebook and Twitter are a dead turn-off for me. If games either require that kind of link or put players at a severe disadvantage without it then I'll not touch those games.

Posted: Apr 9th 2011 10:41PM Rialle said

Slightly off-topic, but I'd love to see massively do an in depth comparison between Mortal Online and Darkfall, now that the former has implemented some quality-of-life improvements. On the surface, both games aim to serve roughly the same market, but it isn't clear which would be the better game for a new player to start out in.

First Impressions: LEGO Minifigures Online