Posted: Apr 6th 2011 12:07PM Greyhame said

Those were all interesting. And they have information that interesting whether you're interested in Guild Wars 2 or not.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 12:37PM Saker said

Picture looks very sci/fi, giant alien industrial.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 1:02PM KDolo said

@Saker
Probably Charr, maybe Skritt, Asura ruins doubtfully. The diverse technology levels amongst the civilizations allows for such scenery

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 3:35PM Seldra said

@Saker This is what I've always liked about ANet's art style, they don't stick with traditional fantasy look they add a more scifi flare to their stuff.

On another note, I can't agree more with Dociu's response about the the supply of artists vs the demand for them. I felt the same way after highschool, which led me to a more stable but less glamorous medical field. Too many people want to get into games or "fun jobs" but it takes incredible skill to thrive in those fields.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 6:05PM Utakata said

I kinda agree with Dociu's statement on the over saturation of artists trying to enter commercial industires (including gaming). My suggestion would be to go it alone (which I'm doing)...and build up a reputation that way. Not always financially rewarding though...but it beats a career in laying out adds for newspapers and phonebooks for the rest of your life. 'Cause that's all is really available if you're lucky. Just saying.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 6:08PM Utakata said

@Utakata

Seldra already beat me to it. :(

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 6:34PM Graill440 said

The concept art, realizing its only concept art, always lets me down in the end, never achieving the vision the artist had verse end product (and what they were told to make). You get a taste of some spectacular things and then see the finished product and you go...."what?"

Sad to see the jobs verse available talent so skewed, alot of great folks out there we may never get to see.

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM