Posted: Apr 5th 2011 3:41PM kgptzac said

• Half a heart
Lately I found massively's choice of cover images being a bit distasteful. First it's a man doing what can be seen as an erotic act of sucking someone's toe, then there are the (real life) insects that could cause repulsive reaction to the readers... And now I am seeing a psycho-burn-victim whose half of his face has no skin...

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 3:56PM HokieKC said

@kgptzac - That's Two-Face. He's a comic book character and has been around since 1942.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 3:59PM paterah said

@kgptzac It's called Two-Face and his real name: Harvey Dent :P

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 4:20PM Dunraven said

On topic:
Really excited about this patch my group just finished up Kahndaq, which was a blast to play through, I hope this content is half as fun.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 4:20PM PaperSpeaks said

Rather than content... I think DCUO has to fix some of the core features.
I feel like a lot of the 'classes' are pretty bland, it's all flashy and good at first but it gets tiring. Which is weird, since I had no problem with skills being repetitive in other games but with dcuo in particular it just drags it down.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 4:37PM Dunraven said

@PaperSpeaks Agreed and I think the devs see that as well, Chris C said as much (more or less ) during the Facebook Q&A, Hopefully we will see some of that next patch.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 5:06PM raven7680 said

@PaperSpeaks Gotta agree with you on that! As much as I am loving the game there are still some things that need to be fixed badly. The freezing issue needs to be fixed asap it's very annoying to load into a duo, raid, police station, etc only to freeze as soon as I show up. Voice chat is working better but still stops working on occasion (usually at the worst times too...lol). That said the content in the new patch has been fun and my hubby and I really enjoyed the new duo. =D

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 4:32PM Oskiee said

• 1 heart
ooooh Harvey, you poor poor bastard.

Any who... should i drop the 50 for this game?? i did for Rift cause every said it was all awesome and stuff, and it turned out to be WoW with ugly ass graphics

So really, Ive been itching to try it... but another 50 on a crappy game is going to make me rage.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 4:39PM Dunraven said

@Oskiee Grab a buddy key they are easy enough to come by.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 7:36PM Furdinand said

@Oskiee Personally, if you've waited this long to get it, I would wait for a couple more updates so that you will have a good base of content and will not have to deal with as many bugs (ideally).

Posted: Apr 7th 2011 8:48PM Protoavis said

@Oskiee

Was in beta and it was decent by highly repeative and I doubt long term it'll hold attention (which seems to be true for most people if you look at how much the population has dropped and how the official forums keep on mentioning that most servers are ghost towns now).

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 4:41PM Nibbana said

I played DCUO for a month and joined Massively Overpowered (of course)....but the lack of workable chat system made this game feel to me like it had no community. After two weeks chat was virtually silent, and I found it impossible to tell which league mates were on at any given time.

Have chat and voice options improved to the point where a feeling of community exists? Or does it feel like a single player game still?

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 4:56PM Wolf Am I said

I canceled by sub right before that catwoman patch and have been thinking about picking it up again since there are 2 content patches I haven't seen.

I have tried to look at all the info I can and I assume no new powersets have been introduced?

which is true is very dissapointing and puts a damper on me resubing.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 12:39AM kalipou134 said

@Wolf Am I

Don't, they're not ready to make your money worthwhile yet.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 7:07PM Yellowdancer said

Is DCUO worth buying or coming back to?

If Update 1 and Update 2 are things you like, then yes. But the producers letter said we will be getting the same type of updates for the rest of the year. No mention of the promised Quarterly updates or new Powers that were mentioned in the past. The Light powers that tie in to the GL movie haven't been mentioned past launch. The development team has been cut and that's not due to the traditional post development layoffs. The developers are not communicating beyond a press release about the next update. Do not expect the usual communication found in other MMO's.

In short, don't buy this game hoping for a huge improvement in the future. The population is very low and running a group instance under level 20 is very rare.(Queue times can reach an hour+). It gets better at 30 but until then its a solo console game.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 7:53PM (Unverified) said

@Yellowdancer Your exaggerating a bit, I bought the game last Thursday and I've been having a blast. As for waiting times they are server dependent, I was on Looking for trouble EU and overthere the wait times were pretty bad (45 minutes or so) on a level 10ish character.

I checked the forum and saw the majority of people are playing on Bloodstorm, I rerolled there and I have to say the wait time is at maximum 20minutes so far (on a Monday) weekends it was 1-10 minutes

If your new and joining EU I highly recommend Bloodstorm that server is quite bursting with life. I have played WoW, Aion, Warhammer and AoC, this MMO is quite different than any of the above and I have to say the most fun (so far)

(I'm level 18 by the way)

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 7:18PM StClair said

Update 2... Two Face. Perfect.
Looks like they're going with the BTAS design for Harv's suit, if not the head(s).

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 10:55PM stealthrider said

Psst, Producer's Letter up. It doesn't reveal much (with a roughly monthly content schedule and a community that goes nuts if a patch isnt exactly on time, I dont blame Wes at all) but it does say three very important things about Update 3

R'as Al Ghul, Swamp Thing, Chang Tzu in "very intimidating" form.

Sounds like the beginning of a joke, or an awesome content patch.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 12:55AM Germaximus said

This patch was pretty sweet, they all have been so far but i like this one the most so far.

Love the UI changes.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 12:56AM Furdinand said

Chang Tzu Easter Content? These events are probably going to work better in a year. Although I will say that the St. Patrick's Day content was just right. A daily that keeps you in Metropolis Proper, a feat similar to Fanboy but just for the imp, a quick race with some curve balls thrown in, and a collection that drops from regular collection nodes.

Also: Stainless Steel Watch appears to be unbugged.

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM