Posted: Apr 4th 2011 11:53AM (Unverified) said

Everything u described has happened to me over 6 years of wow more times than I can remember . Bordem didnt help either. I have since moved on to STO. I remember being kicked out of countless groups for out dpsing the group leaders. Spoiled brats .

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 12:04PM (Unverified) said

I hear that. I recently completed Miragents set (armour), and all I'm after is a Cap Rush in Chantra Dredgion to get the weapon. I've played nice over and over, and we've gotten close to the captain before losing it to the Asmodians and it annoys the living daylights out of me.

Fact is right now, he who shouts loudest gets what he wants. And most of the time, it's the idiots in high-ranked legions that get what they want, and then mess up their plan.

I'm thinking of leaving Aion, but I refuse to even consider it until I get the Miragents weapon; I've wanted it since Jan 2009, and it's within an inch of my grasp. But seeing how selfish other people are makes me just want to make that decision now and just get the weapon and go. I know that makes me sound selfish as well, but meh. I get tired of being the group doormat.

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 6:30PM MJ Guthrie said

@(Unverified)
You needn't worry about killing the captain of the Dredgion for your Miragent weapon unless you are specifically staying level 50. For those level 51 and above, there is a new task in order to complete the quest -- kill Captain Mituna at the downed Dredgion on Miren Island. That is what I had to do in order to get my weapon because I leveled out of the lower Dregion the moment Balaurea went live.

You can use a trick to spawn Mituna: http://massively.joystiq.com/2010/10/11/wings-over-atreia-mira-mira-on-the-wall/

Hope that is helpful =D

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 10:29AM (Unverified) said

@MJ Guthrie
Is that soloable? Kinda without a legion right now (disbanded. :sadface: )

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 1:03PM adfoam said

Everything that is said in this post sums up every MMO that is out there now. It is so bad it affects all future MMOs as well.

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 2:38PM Space Cobra said

@adfoam

Yeah, I was thinking this rant would have been better if it had been an umbrella topic w/ pic. It is not just Aion that have these players.

You just try to "soldier" on in any MMO; always bad with the good.

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 5:51PM Lenn said

@adfoam It doesn't just affect MMOs; it affects life in general. Have you ever been in traffic? The roads are filled with people who think they own the damn things. Go to a store and have people cutting in line ahead of you. Just walking on any street will have you meeting scores of people who just don't give a rat's ass about anyone else.

It's horrible.

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 6:20PM Naru now in 3D said

I never got far enough in Aion to experience the more heated, high-stakes drama that comes with high-level endeavors, but I did experience woefully immature loot arguments during my Fire Temple runs.

It was always one stinker yelling and screaming about their exclusive rights to weapon X and armor Y before we even entered the instance, even if other people in the group deserved an equal chance to loot it too.

I usually just rolled my eyes and didn't say anything when this happened, but maybe after reading this rant I'll say "No more!" and speak up about refusing to give in to overly pushy players' demands.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014