Posted: Apr 4th 2011 9:11PM DevilSei said

That is why I gotta say I love Arena.Net. The entire gang embraced the nature of the prank, and pitched in what they could, yet were being responsible about it (as far as we know at least, god knows what might happen should you give me a pellet gun to screw with).

Now excuse me, I got a biiiig chicken to hunt down in my KT29-Moahawk.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 1:34PM Seldra said

@DevilSei I loved how everyone in the forums was like "omg anet why did you waste so much time and effort away from GW2!!!"

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 7:46PM moiax said

@Seldra I agree. At some point, people just have to give ANet the benefit of the doubt. The same thing happened when they added mouth movements into the cutscenes in GW1. People were giving the team rations of crap for wasting their time on something 'so trivial', but it turned out to be something they did in their spare time because that was a feature that they felt everyone had really wanted.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 12:18AM DevilSei said

@Seldra

You know, part of me doesn't blame them though.
Until the blog post that detailed how they went about doing this entire stunt, we could only assume a team had been made to handle just this event.

And this includes me, but all of us are really into GW 2, so you can't blame some people from getting a little anxious about taking people from GW 2 development. We all would prefer GW 2 to the event if we had to tell the dev team what to focus on. Yet we didn't have to worry about it.

It's not "Don't waste time doing this crap!" so much as it's "We want GW 2 soon as possible plox!".

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 2:54AM kgptzac said

I would remain curious to see if ArenaNet ever consider making a mmotps game after gw2!

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 5:21AM Vormir said

This was by far, the best April's fools joke in the entire industry :) Kudos guys.

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 9:14AM Grumms said

Attn: ARENA NET.

Make a third/first person shooter!

I've seen alot of comments on other sites/blogs about how impressed people were by this.

Posted: Apr 6th 2011 5:00PM Sean D said

Larry or Rubi,

I'm not exactly new to Guild Wars. Neither do I consider myself experienced. I have two characters at 20+ with a number of elite skills, but I've reached an impass. I find it very difficult to progress further in any direction and I would like to do so as I am anticipating GW2.

Does Massively have a guild in GW, and if so, how does one go about gaining an invitation to the guild?

Sean