Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 4:23PM Vazzaroth said

Too many games seem to be appealing the power tripping, number hungry power-gamers that I think WoW has given the spotlight to in the last few years. D:

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 4:58PM Titula said

I tried this game for 2 weeks, I enjoyed the sci-fi setting, the races (I chose dryad) isometric view and the cute graphics but animations are poor, and gameplay is primitive and grindy. All missions are about killing 100 specimens of a mob, there's no serious background story or lore. As Beau said quest texts are atrocious, you have autopath and autokilling so you can just let your toon kill easy mobs and go away for hours. The interface is unpolished. Vehicles and weapons were cool (if you are fed up with Fantasy). I don't think there is real RTS component, more like special daily missions on small maps to destroy hords of mobs. I can't comment on the item shop as I never used it. The small community was the usual lot of pvp freaks or f2p niche players, not the brightest also.
Last time I played I entered a high level map and got killed instantly and was respawned on the other side of the map so it's impossible to get back to a low level map without instant kill. I didn't bother to ask help either to unstuck me, this game can't be a long commitment because it will have a beta broken status forever and IGG is pumping out new half baked small mmo's instead of focusing on quality (they have 17 small mmo's in their catalog).

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 7:25PM Ryn said

I had to laugh at the "Hot Mess" comment lol. While this type of game has absolutely no appeal to me, and I have enough games on my plate as is, I look forward to Rise and Shiny just to see how your time was in said game of the week. Thanks for the honest feedback.

I don't understand how game studio thinks that something such as you describe above will make a dime. I can only hope for their sake that their other efforts are better.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 7:26PM Fakeassname said

ehh, I'd wait on Atlantica.

Nexon didn't so much as take it over as the did take it in, you've still got the same GMs and support staff not to mention they haven't done anything with the cash shop outside of consolidate it's micro-transaction currency into NX.

I'm pretty sure that the low level segment of the game is virtually unchanged from the last time you played it ...

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 9:01PM Beau Hindman said

@Fakeassname Too late! hehe Actually, I play differently than the last time I took a look at it in depth. The time after that was for a column here on Massively, but I had to move on and did not get many chances. So, it's been quite a while and I'm finding it to be quite fun.

Speaking of which....lol *clicks the shortcut*

Beau

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 10:27PM Fakeassname said

@Beau Hindman

lol, whats your IGN and server that your playing on?

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 11:16AM Beau Hindman said

@Fakeassname I'm on Thebes and my characters name is BeauHind. I will usually be playing during the day, Central time USA. I might be on at night, as well. Usually just follow my Twitter @Beau_Hindman and Raptr will say when I am on.

Beau

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 2:57PM Space Cobra said

"High horse, be gone!"

Too many people love their high horses and ten foot poles, be they MMO players, comic book readers, politicians, church goers, etc. etc. :P

It is sadly here to stay for the foreseeable future. :/