Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 7:57PM (Unverified) said

Kind of sad that i'm actually excited they are adding auto attack. Just shows how far this game still has to go to be any where as fun as FFXI was.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 8:46PM Fakeassname said

death to auto attack, I like this game BECAUSE it's not a another exercise in babysitting.

anyway, I'm leveling up a Thaumaturge (why can't anything in this game be easy to spell) right now but I'm still pretty low. I haven't been thinking about cross class setups at all so far (still on the short end of the learning curve) but this article really opened my eyes to how much fun it could be to mix and match skill sets.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 10:21PM Nenene said

Thank God they're revamping FFXIV's battle system. The fact that they didn't have auto-attack in to begin with just shows how out of touch Tanaka was with any kind of modern MMO functions, from battle to crafting to auctioneering.

How they managed to do so well in XI only to fail it so hard in XIV is beyond me, but hopefully Yoshi-P can straighten it out.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 9:42AM Abriael said

As a tank (gladiator), I use absorb spells a lot (DEF and ACC, alternating, since the cooldown is rather sizable), and even on several NMs they are very effective.
Definitely an enjoyable part of the game. I agree.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 1:00PM Exz1stence said

It's cool to see Eliot enjoying the MMO he gets paid to cover. I can honestly say I like reading his coverage of FFXIV but, it would be so much nicer if someone else could cover FFXI because for whatever reason even though it is a superior game he doesn't seem to care for it.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 3:13PM alzeer said

@Exz1stence
tbh no much is going on in ffxi11 atm

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 10:39AM Cendres said

Pretty sure the people at Massively cover what they are most interested in. They are not assigned something in particular, OR assigned what they like to begin with. Part of last years (?) Massively revamp.

I missed the Mog Log, great info here, Thaumaturge is my second class to complement my Conjurer love some of the debuffs.

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best economy?

Posted on Apr 18th 2014 8:00AM