Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 12:29PM Raikulxox said

Glad to hear they're working on it. The game looks nice, crafting is very nice, and I like building my own job. Just needs better party play, endgame content and more quests for each profession as you level and I'll be paying for it.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 12:39PM Mevan said

@Raikulxox

Yup, well said.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 12:45PM JohnFordColey said

Yoshida is some sort of miracle worker. He's actually turning FFXIV into a game I might want to play in the future.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 8:00PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
@JohnFordColey I hate to say it but he hasn't really done anything. In the 3 months hes been on the case they have made monsters look bigger added a couple fetch quests and increased exp. Thats minor tweaks in my opinion. They really need to pick up there socks if this game is going to survive.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 1:58PM Baromega said

I sort of want this game. Not to see how good it is, but to see just how determined Yoshida is.

Amazon does have used copies for $10.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 3:24PM Fakeassname said

@Baromega

dude, a used copy of a mmo is essentially an empty box. the disk means nothing if the registration code has already been activated.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 5:02PM Baromega said

@Fakeassname

Aww really? Thought it would be different since the game is essentially free to play. Thanks for the heads up.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 2:34AM PaperSpeaks said

@Baromega It's f2p only until it gets the... 'miracle' reboot, in which the game will be worthy for ps3 release and hopefully garner back what reputation they lost with the rather weak release.
But yes, since you used 'essentially' in the sentence I'll assume you sort of knew this. Also, don't ever buy 'used' mmo discs, its... nothing but a shell.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 3:29PM bobfish said

I wanted FFXIV before I played it, but the beta really highlighted its problems. Unfortunately, I still can't shake the desire to play it, even though there is so much I didn't enjoy in it.

Might cave in and pick up a copy just to see how it has improved since beta.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 3:31PM zangarth said

Hard to belive a modern MMO can be released without dungeons

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 4:16PM Nenene said

I adore FFXI, and Yoshida is a great guy, so I'm pulling for FFXIV to regain its equilibrium despite all of my expectations to the contrary.

I hope SE's learned its lesson, at least.

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 3:54AM Suhaira said

I want this game to succeed, and I'm betting these guys can pull it back from the edge, but every time I think about logging back in, I'm reminded of what it was at release. I just can't believe an experienced mmo development team thought that the features (albeit unfinished features) would be enough for a mmo.
I'm glad to see they are learning, I just wish they had already known. I guess I need to wait a bit longer so I can jump back in with fresh eyes.

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 1:58AM ChongShin said

I respect what Yoshida is doing, but I don't expect the game to recover. There are just too many alternatives, both now and in the future.

The best they could do is give the software away, too, and get as many people hooked on the game as possible. Many would QQ once payments started up, but perhaps enough would stay to keep the game afloat.

Or maybe I'm completely wrong and this game will pull off a modern miracle.

Why I Play: ArcheAge