Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:11PM Fakeassname said

• Half a heart
yay for titties! it's got nothing to do with the game, but you'll buy this box because it's got titties!

ok, I'm actually surprised that it doesn't have MORE of an emphasis on the chick up front and by the fact that they bothered to slap non breasted character up there too ... but you would think in this day and age people would feel confident in their in game art to stick it up on the cover of the box.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:48PM paterah said

@Fakeassname I suppose you've never seen a box cover of an MMO before? I remember this from EQ...can't wait for the game myself.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 8:08PM Fakeassname said

• Half a heart
@paterah

thats my point, EQ needed to have hand drawn art or it wouldn't sell.

gone are teh days of old when polygon bricks for people wasn't retro.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:12PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Damn, that's pretty generic looking. Did they copy and paste the characters from RF Online a few years ago? Or Aion?

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:20PM Fakeassname said

• Half a heart
@(Unverified)

don't forget Linage!

lol, maybe Rising Lin-ON Force was already taken?

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 8:10AM sauceofmagic said

• 1 heart
@(Unverified)

I don't know who marks down these post. This is precisely the case. Every crappy F2P has a lady with large mammaries on their main page. TERA art people could've done a bit better.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:14PM Dunraven said

• Half a heart
Less and less Impressed with this title every time I see it. Way too Asian for my tatse.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 10:12PM (Unverified) said

@Dunraven

You are dismissing the fact that it's an action MMO, something that requires a good deal of skill rather than just planning to succeed.

Unlike traditional MMO, where a good amount of battle is won before it is even joined, Korean MMOs are switching toward more action and twitch oriented, which requires a good deal of skill/reflex. While the MMO market is still stagnating around trying to copy WoW's success, the Koreans are actually trying to do something new (Continent of the 9, Mabinogi Heroes, Dragon Nest, Tera Online).

There's so much movement and development that even within the action MMO genre, there is starting to show signs of branching and diversity, which in my opinion is wonderful since the most promising MMO state-side is SWTOR which is traditional + Star Wars theme; which isn't necessarily bad, then neither Cataclysm, but did not prevent it from feeling stale.

For every game you write off as "looks too Asian" please keep in mind that the MMO market in Asia is hotter than the FPS market in the states, and demand drives development in fields like these, so try to keep an open mind and not just write things off because they look "too Asian" or we'll start writing you off as a racist prick.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 8:37AM Dunraven said

• Half a heart
@(Unverified) Hopping around like a spastic chicken isn't new nor is it innovative...might as well play Quake. If they truly want to innovate they need to take a look at what Arenanet is doing. Korea is going for the whole E-sport angle and it will fail miserably in the west like everything else they try.

They just don't grock us.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 10:28AM AlienFanatic said

@(Unverified)

Sorry, but I've GOT to reply to this tired screed, "... try to keep an open mind and not just write things off because they look "too Asian" or we'll start writing you off as a racist prick."

I'm dead sick of people using the charge of racism to squelch the opinions of others. Racism is either "the prejudice that members of one race are intrinsically superior to members of other races" or "discriminatory or abusive behavior towards members of another race".

Pointing out that an art style, or game play style, that originated from a particular region is distasteful is not racist. There are MANY people who dislike the traits that typify asian-style MMOs, including exaggerated features, effeminate male models, ornate costumes and environments, heavily-sexualized female characters, and (gameplay-wise) an emphasis on competitive gaming.

A racist rant about these games would somehow focus on how they were inferior due to their origin. Or perhaps as a criticism of the culture that spawned this type of artwork or game play style. Instead, it's as valid as saying, "I don't like impressionism!" or "I really dislike George Lucas's emphasis on action and technology over characterizations."

Stop using an immature, illogical, and hyperbolic term to demonize those you disagree with.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:25PM Apakal said

That's pretty modest in my opinion. Of course, years of therapy have done wonders for reversing the repressed sexuality that this backwards society likes to foster, so I might be an exception.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:48PM Wensbane said

@Apakal

"Sometimes less is more."

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 8:26PM Saker said

@Wensbane

Agree, "Sometimes less is more."

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:57PM Baromega said

Yeah, this is a LOT more tame than I expected.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 10:30AM wcanyon said

@Baromega this ^^^
TERA is real high on the "nerds love boobs even fake ones we should have more fake boobs" scale. It's the only thing about it that I don't like. Still, may pick this up.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 7:59PM (Unverified) said

Damn, thats awesome

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 8:09PM Gildas said

I have to agree this cover is pretty modest; I don't see how anyone could see it as revealing (although I guess it depends who you are but honestly?). As far as western versions of covers go I think this one's pretty good looking. Should stand out on the shelf well enough.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 8:24PM PrimeSynergy said

That's actually a pretty tasteful cover. I would've bet anything that they'd pile on tons of naked elf chicks. Kudos to them for not succumbing to, what I would call for lack of a better term, the 'industry norm.'

Sadly I won't be picking up a box copy if they put it on Steam, which hopefully they will considering Atari doesn't seem to mind dealing with Steam.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 8:26PM Khalus said

Looks really nice, and its making me want to purchase and play it now!

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 8:39PM TruPlayaFreal said

CBT for this game doesn't start til the summer.