Posted: Apr 1st 2011 3:38PM Neofalcon43 said

Since it's not really made clear in the article, I'd like to point out that the Guild Wars joke is more than just a fake class reveal - there's actually a questgiver on Embark Beach that gives a quest where you play as a Commando, traveling through time to stop a time-travelling robot "The Annihilator" from killing "Sarah"

It's pretty damn awesome.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 3:41PM Seldra said

@Neofalcon43 I love how Anet took it to a new level, most places were just doing a few webpages or what not, these guys went all out. THAT'S how you do an April Fools.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 3:44PM (Unverified) said

I went to Guildwars2 site... the commando class is there, is this more April Fools, there to many jokes I can't keep it straight anymore.

/ignoring all news for rest of the day.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 3:48PM PaperSpeaks said

@(Unverified)
Wow, lighten up man...
It's just a tradition and some people just enjoy the light-hearted nature of it.
Just a day, JUST A DAY.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 4:29PM Space Cobra said

@jealouspirate

The folks here edited/erased the original response Utakata and PaperSpeaks were responding to.

It was a real negative comment along the lines of, "Your world sucks and so do all of you and I don't suck for being Mr. Negative because I have time to come post comments here during my perfect life picking up multitudes of women and generating cash out of my flying monkey."

Something like that... :P

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 4:30PM Ragemaster9999 said

EVe onlines joke is up... a dev blog about bringing incarna mounts and achievements to EVE online.

Check it out, its hilarious.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 4:30PM Ragemaster9999 said

@Ragemaster9999

forgot link, here it is http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=891

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 4:30PM Dumac said

The commando GW2 videos are just awesome, i had a few good laughs there, though a tiny part of me believes this is too much work for a joke, that there may be more behind it. I know, its silly but i can't help it.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 4:45PM Space Cobra said

@Dumac

Read Neofalcon's post at the top (it's the first one) and have your conspiracy thoughts confirmed a bit.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 4:46PM Space Cobra said

@Space Cobra

At least, as "confirmed" as anything can be "confirmed" on April Fools at least. ;P

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 4:48PM Space Cobra said

I guess I should point it out here, too.

The SWG link doesn't make it clear where to go/see. It links to the "Announcements" portion of the forums and the newest post is about one Mod stepping down and another stepping up.

It seems like an April Fool set-up, but it may be legit. But I see no "Dr. Fool" post or anything...

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 5:04PM Elikal said

HELP!!!

SInce today I see most Massively articles with tons of UNDERLINED words, like adjective, pural noun or verb, instead of apparently missing words! It makes most articles unreadable. I don't know who/how to contact Massvely. Can anyone direct me?

HELP HERE PLS :I

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 5:17PM Psychotic Storm said

April fools or Not Commando make me wish double Arenanet made a "sci fi guildwars".

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 5:35PM Scarecrowe said

Well, they were all better than the Mad Libs thing here. That was a very mild "funny once" and after that, it's just annoying.

Posted: Apr 1st 2011 6:41PM PaterFrog said

Larry Everett, you missed the Shadowmancer on the GuildWars Wiki:

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 3:26AM Dblade said

Champions Online has multiple Foxbats around millenium city, as part of some type of quest. However it seemed busted as I played, being unable to target or interact with them.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 6:15AM lmollea said

Missing City Of Heroes/VIllains that are running out of XP... http://eu.cityofheroes.com/en/news/article/city_of_heroes_is_running_out_of_xp

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 2:15PM Lewa said

I love those Commando videos. Makes me wonder? Could they make a shooter game, those soldiers did look pretty detailed.