Posted: Apr 1st 2011 9:26PM Irem said

Dammit, people, I'm trying NOT to resubscribe. D:

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 12:12AM Darkmoone said

I thought this story was an April fools joke, lol.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 1:06AM Chiren said

This had better not be an April fools joke. >___

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 1:15AM Khalus said

All these changes this past year are great and I'd love to play again, but sadly PlayOnline doesn't want to work on my 64-bit PC anymore. I did for 7mos last year, leading up to the launch of FFXIV, then when I decided to return about a month ago it won't load and says its incompatible.

Even contacted live support through SE, and they said they don't support 64-bit either and would do nothing to help me. Said sometimes it works, sometimes it don't! Blah...

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 9:29AM myr said

@Khalus

That's just the BS response the rep gave you when he didn't know what was going on.

There's a vista/win7 version of POL to download from the official site. Install that, then install ffxi on top of it, works just fine for me on win7 ultimate x64. Just make sure you have UAC turned off.

On topic, my npc is like, level 35. Never really had a reason to level her up, whenever I want to do something I grab real friends >_>

Posted: Apr 3rd 2011 1:11AM Khalus said

@myr

And I have tried using that win7 ver of POL and it doesn't work either. I also have UAC off, and still nothing, so I gave up. If its gonna be this touchy, when it never was before then I'll spend my time and money elsewhere!

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 2:44AM Drunken Irish Sniper said

That's still pretty bad. Make him a companion you can get at level 1, keep out as long as you want and level with in any zone and you'll have a lot of new subs.

Only reason I don't play is because the servers are too empty to get a party and the solo grind is unbearable.
Add a companion or a group of companions like Heroes in Guild Wars and the game will be playable and fun again.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 5:01AM Shirogetsune said

@Drunken Irish Sniper

Sounds fantastic, but I fear true soloability in FFXI won't be seen until Hell freezes over. If Hell were to freeze, however, I'd sub up again.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 7:20AM Nenene said

I love you, FFXI.

Posted: Apr 4th 2011 7:36AM Scrobes said

As always, where were these sort of updates 2-3 years ago. :\ As usual, too little too late. Happy they're implementing them, but ... *sigh*.