Posted: Mar 31st 2011 12:34PM Khalus said

Its very tempting, cause I recently got into this LEGO kick after buying a new "gamepad", making it easier to play them all on PC.

I had already finished LEGO Indiana Jones 2 years ago on the 360 when I owned it, and never got around to the other ones. I will skip LEGO Batman though ~ never liked super heroes, but there are still several others yet to play through:

LEGO Harry Potter
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars ~ released last week
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean ~ releasing sometime in May

Plus I'm still enjoying Rift, so getting into another LEGO/MMO game at this point would not be wise...lol

I really hope their next LEGO game would be Lord of the Rings + the Hobbit ~ that would be great!

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 1:25PM Beau Hindman said

@Khalus OH! Lord of the Rings Lego would rule! lol

Beau

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 12:40PM Rindon said

I am really not sure why they didn't make this game a freemium at launch. I know it is directed mostly at children since they can beg mommy for a sub, but with freemium they could bring more people in and probably more money since little johnny would "need" to have that shiny block of uber greatness that cost 10$ and mommy would fork it over.

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 1:56PM Dunraven said

Fun well-made game that really needs the Freerealms Business model.

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 4:52PM Space Cobra said

@Dunraven

Agree.

I am still hoping they will eventually change that.

It's a fun game, but only in small amounts. I wouldn't mind checking it out time and again and even buying the few odd bricks/costumes.

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 3:26PM FrostPaw said

Applied for the beta, didn't get in. Read a few reviews on release and still hadn't been convinced it was worth buying. The fact they would rather reduce the price of the box before letting me have a trial of the game itself makes me less inclined to give them money on faith alone.

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 4:21PM DeadlyAccurate said

@FrostPaw I played it for about three weeks and did have fun. It's not exactly a difficult game, but there's something relaxing about sitting in your private building area with your hoard of LEGOs and just building. It brought to mind sitting on the floor with a box of construction blocks and building whatever comes to mind. The MMO part was colorful, with fairly common MMO standards in play. The sheer number of LEGO blocks available to find and/or purchase (with in-game currency) is staggering.

You would definitely get your money's worth for a month of play at that $10 price. If I remember correctly, I didn't even have to sign up for a subscription with a credit card, so when my month was up it simply ended. I didn't have to cancel a running sub.

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 8:26PM Laephis said

@DeadlyAccurate

I can sit at home with a private collection of LEGO and build real things for free. Even better, I can do that with my kids and experience some real interaction with them. Also free. This game needs to lose the box and subscription fees...and even then it's of dubious value.

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 8:48PM PaperSpeaks said

@Laephis
The legos aren't free in the first place are they, you bought them (hopefully).
The game is an alternative for parents to let kids play with lego without the possible choking hazard (for babies) or perhaps without the mess of legos lying about... A lot of different possibilities simply put.
Again, preferences can alter your perception of the game, but its not a bad thing that it's out there.
Although I agree that the freemium suggestion isn't without its merit.

Posted: Mar 31st 2011 6:39PM Cicadymn said