Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:07AM Bottleskup said

Infinity Universes ships. Any and all of them.

ones at the top are HUGE too, the very bottom row which are all tiny dots are like the size of aircraft carriers.

They *need* to finish this game...

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 1:28PM ChromeBallz said

@Bottleskup

If it's size you want, EVE provides (actual playable ships that is! :P).

Personally, i'm a big fan of the Machariel.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 1:35PM Bottleskup said

@ChromeBallz

they look like stones...

Posted: Mar 30th 2011 12:47PM Zyrusticae said

@Bottleskup

That's an old image, using the pre-Trinity models.

Here's an up-to-date version (sub-caps only, so you can see more than just a dot for the frigates): http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5695/eveshipssubcaptyrannis.jpg

Posted: Apr 5th 2011 8:11AM Strangeland said

@Bottleskup

They are large, but not quite as large as you say. The scale given of 1km, even estimating the perspective foreshortening, actually puts the Remora in the 6th row at about the size of an aircraft carrier (300+ meters), which is far bigger than the little dots in the final rows.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:18AM mysecretid said

Larry Everett, enthusiastic ambassador for all things Star Wars: The Old Republic, is asking about favorite internet spaceships? Heh. I half-expect that if I don't cite a Star Wars Galaxies ship, Larry will send someone to my house to beat me up ...

But seriously, to answer the questioned asked: my favorite internet starship to fly is my Tier 5 Luna-class science vessel in Star Trek Online.

I'm probably as big of a Star Trek fan as I suspect Larry is a Star Wars fan. I started with re-runs of the original series, so whenever I head out, in command of my own starship, in STO it gives me a special jolt of joy.

As a kid, I always wondered what it would feel like to be a part of the Trek universe, and STO gets me as close to that as anything ever will.

That said, the starship aspect of Star Wars Galaxies was far and away my favorite part of the game. I might even still be flying in SWG today, except that once I discovered you couldn't fly a YT freighter solo if necessary, I lost all enthusiasm for going any further.

I expect SW:TOR will make this up to me, in spades.

Beyond stuff based on non-game franchises, I'm currently enjoying the Black Prophecy flight experience. I haven't had this sort of "you are there, in the cockpit" sort of feeling since the early days of SWG, and the offline single-player game, Freelancer.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:22AM Khalus said

My favorites that come to mind, mostly from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine would be the:

U.S.S. Defiant
Klingon: Bird-of-Prey
Romulan Warbird
Dominion Battlecruiser

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:24AM Rindon said

Eve Online :
I am a pretty big fan of the look of the Amar Titan the Avatar. On par with that is the t3 strat cruiser from Amar the Legion with the probe subsystem. Makes it look like a mini-avatar but it sucks horribly for almost anything.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:27AM Askgar said

I love my Hurricane in Eve, although the Noctis is definately close.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:35AM Ryn said

Millennium Falcon by far, but next to that some of the ships from EVE online. The Megathron, especially the Navy issue with the camouflage looks awesome. And the redesigned Scorpion, which before it was redesigned, was the ugliest ship in the game. The redesign looks sweet!

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:35AM J Brad Hicks said

Hegh'ta class Bird of Prey, Star Trek Online. Instant acceleration, can turn around in a phone booth, and because of its Universal Bridge Officer slots, nobody can predict what powers you're going to surprise them with, making it ridiculously versatile. I'd love it even if it didn't have combat cloaking.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:40AM Aganazer said

Space Ball One and the Mega-Maid

Prepare the ship for ludicrous speed!

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 8:55AM Scarecrowe said

@Aganazer
Oh no, they've gone to plaid!

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 9:00AM ScottishViking said

EVE pilots will laugh, but...my favorite internet spaceship is, by far and away, the Vigil.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 9:11AM Kaahn Stewart said

@ScottishViking

No need to laugh at that baby; you'll find no better machine for high-speed Ninja salvaging.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 9:15AM ScottishViking said

@Kaahn Stewart

I actually use it as an ultra-cheap explorer. No ship aligns faster than the Vigil, nor has a smaller sig radius (other than, like, a shuttle). It has just enough slots to make it the perfect all-around explorer. If you can't afford a Cheetah, the Vigil's your ship!

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 9:25AM Ryn said

@ScottishViking and Kaahn Stewart. Thanks for the tip! My Wife is ADDICTED to EVE Online, and I'm in and out of it. Never even thought of the Vigil. And I love to explore. Alignment speed to enter warp can make or break you. Again, thanks!

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 9:42AM ScottishViking said

@Ryn

No problem! A general exploration fit would be something like:

Low slots:
- Nanofiber Conversion x 3
Mid slots:
- Afterburner
- Analyzer
- Codebreaker
High slots:
- Prototype cloaking device
- Core probe launcher (with Sisters probes if you can afford them)
- Salvager
Rigs:
- Small gravity capacitor x 2

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 10:13AM Ryn said

@ScottishViking You are just awesome! Thanks for the fit! Best part is I am trained for all of it. Sweet!

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 11:47AM KaiserZeppelin said

@Kaahn Stewart

Actually, the noctis is terrible for ninja salvaging as you cannot use tractorbeams on wrecks that do not belong to you. You're still best of using a frigate so you quickly can move between wreckages.