Posted: Mar 28th 2011 9:50AM Greyhame said

I just tend to leave. If it's a guild group, then I'll explain why, but PuGs I jsut generally drop.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 9:51AM Pingles said

Sad truth: those situations got so common that I no longer raid/dungeon.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 9:58AM alzeer said

i never use any even if wanted to :/
when the group disband little by little its always me and other guy at the end

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 10:10AM Vgk said

Once I was in a raid and some guy said: My Internet signal is gone and now my computer has a BSOD!

upon which he ninja left, hilarity ensued

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 10:11AM n3verendR said

"Can you find a replacement? I hate you people."

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 10:28AM Lenn said

I don't. When I'm in, I'm in. Which is probably why I don't do dungeon runs much anymore, if at all, because I know I'm one of a very few people with these ethics.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 10:49AM Skyydragonn said

usually I'm fairly up front with why i need/want to bail on a run.

however if its due to someone in group being a giant D-bag then my go-to is " sorry guys i need to go /toasterbath GL. /leavegroup

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 11:41AM (Unverified) said

I simply /Ragequit

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 11:45AM pixledriven said

I've found: "Hey we're just not getting this done tonight, do you guys want to call it a night?" usually does the trick. I've never understood why it's so difficult to have a little courtesy and communicate with your TEAM.

Even if it's a PuG, these people are your team until you finish the mission or give up.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 12:10PM (Unverified) said

RL always comes first, there is never a need for an excuse.

In eve its usually

"Attracted Girlfriend/Wife aggro"

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 1:08PM Seldra said

"My water broke."

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 10:51AM Aberhams said

@Seldra

i use this one a lot, if only for the akwardness that follows those words coming over voice chat from my decidedly male voice.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 2:14PM Trippin said

"Friends called, they got to much beer and they want me to help them with it"

9 out of 10 times it isn't a lie :P

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 4:02PM cored said

Zombies at door. GTG.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 5:31PM vaiden said

Girlfriends husband just pulled in the driveway, I gotta go asap then alt/f4

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 5:50PM Haldurson said

I try to be honest -- I may say "one more try, and then I'm out, one way or the other". Often I'll say I'm too tired (which is true -- it's like getting tired of banging your head against a brick wall -- you can't imagine how tiring that can be).

I wasn't always entirely honest. Back in the EQ days, if I was in a horrible pickup group, I HAVE in the past said that my guild needs me. I've gotten tells from guildmates in the same pug saying that they want to leave, and then I just substituted "us" for "me".

For a while, I completely stayed away from pugs because of a series of bad experiences. But I've recently stuck my toes back into the pool, and things (at least in Rift) seem to have gotten better. Or maybe I just imagined those horrible experiences of my past...

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 6:47PM Degu said

Sometimes I'm too lazy to come up with an excuse, I'll just sit still for a min and hope they'll think I'm afk.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 7:21PM Graill440 said

You do the run once, what point is there to doing it again? More HP, More damage, nothing changes, 60 runs plus to get gear, your high of course if you think i will sub to that.

Rote action doesnt gain my sub. Rift is no different, the open world pvp is barely keeping me on for the first one month sub (down from my planned 6) , having done the dungeons in Rift for example, like every MMO out there with the exception of one the dungeons never change. Lazy devs by their own admittance.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 7:22PM Graill440 said

@Graill440

Just using the new kid on the block as an example fyi.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 10:59PM Averice said

If everyone has been trying "sorry guys, I don't think we can do this".

If no one has been trying, why waste the energy saying something?

If it's only one person that's bad, well, then you tell them and either they go or you go.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014