Posted: Mar 28th 2011 7:14PM Bottleskup said

i knew all of this, but just want to say: extremely epic pic at top. saved to HD.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 7:24PM paterah said

Haha, this picture is awesome.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 7:42PM Khorrax said

I didn't read the interview yet, but I simply had to say that the picture is simply great.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 8:22PM Tiresias said

There are some great videos from the GW2 panel at PAX East on the official GW2 site. The question and answer session was little more than people presenting "problems" that other MMOs have to the developers and the developers responding with "yeah, we thought of that already and fixed it". You get some examples in this article:

-Any number of people can hit a mob and everyone will get credit for it.
-The classes naturally work well together, so you want to be near other people.
-You can level through PvP.
-You can get loot through PvP.
-You aren't excessively punished for failure.

And so forth. I am amazed at how this company has been willing to take the "accomplishment" mentality of MMOs and throw it out the window for stuff that is FUN.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 11:34PM Altruist said

@darkogele
How high do I have to get before this makes sense?

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 4:51AM TheLazyGeek said

I heard this guy swung a sword. And then a swung the sword again.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 9:21AM Scarecrowe said

@darkogele
I understood (and actually agreed with) the first half. However, I do not have access to the drugs that would begin to allow me to understand the second half.

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 4:30PM MediaMaster9000 said

I don't know what Darkogele is talking about. I fully enjoyed this post. I just find it so fascinating to hear the developers talk shop and share their opinions about both GW2, or the MMO genre in general. It gives us a little peak into the character of Arena Net developers and, if anything, adds to my confidence in their determination to make a game that is just straight up fun. Thanks for the great article Rubi.

One Shots: Mandy the Christmas Whale