Posted: Mar 27th 2011 6:16PM SpencerRuler said

Yeah, a lot of people thought CCP worked on the feature for years, when the main bulk of the work has been done very recently.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 6:36PM Rindon said

@SpencerRuler
From what the article says it appears they HAD been working on it for years. They just scrapped every single design they made/had until recently. I for one am pretty excited about this coming out.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 6:49PM Integral said

@Rindon

Agreed! Can't wait. I really can't wait for stations though. =D

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 9:14PM Arsinek said

• 1 heart
@SpencerRuler Let me know when flying your ship is more then clicking in space and you get to aim your weapons yourself instead of a WOW-like select target and let guns go into PVE mode.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 6:58PM DrewIW said

I can't wait for all this stuff that has nothing to do with spaceships.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 7:29PM Rindon said

@DrewIW
100% this. I love Eve Online. It is a pretty amazing game, but I feel as though they have gotten almost to the end of what they can do with the actual spaceship side of things. Aside from a few graphical overhauls and upgrades (things like the turret graphic revamp they are doing, looks amazing) I really don't think there is much left to do from the few new ships that get put in randomly.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 7:52PM Ragemaster9999 said

@DrewIW

wow dude, complaining about something that would just bring more players into the game and furthur support CCPs ambitions? You sir, are a moron.

As a five year PVP vet, any new competitive blood we get in this game is ALWAYS a good thing. I SUPPORT THIS PROJECT

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 8:48AM (Unverified) said

CCP has done amazing things with Eve ... great game ... Incarna (which I support whole heartedly) will finally make Eve more accessible to the broader MMO masses. The question is this; is that a good thing or a bad thing? :P

I already see the random WoW comments in chat occasionally ... If Incarna is a big hit, are we prepared to have to fight the invetible tidal wave of WoW kiddies?

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 10:47AM The Aquacharger said

@(Unverified)
Here's the difference they'll go into Null sect thinking they're badass and we pirate squads can fix that.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 12:38PM Chromie192 said

@The Aquacharger No coming from WoW and Eve. The difference is WoW is simple so anyone wh only plays WoW wil probably be lost after a few hours.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 10:33AM Jimmy Chowda said

It will be some time before Incarna includes actual gameplay, so I don't see a tidal wave of players.

The reworking of contraband will be cool in regards to Incarna, and I am really looking forward to establishments. When those features are implemented, you may see people joining Eve for that. Until then, it's basically adding on a more immersive new way to communicate in-game.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 12:18PM Kalex716 said

yea i'll be interested when i can buy new and cool clothes, tinker with placement of things in my room, and deck it out with collectibles i've picked up all over space. Like, i've lived in a wormhole for a year, i'd love to have some alien sleeper tech kinda stuff indicated in my room etc. Should be able to tell a story about a characters life by looking in their digs.

I know no of that stuff matters, but if this feature is supposed to just be a novelty anyway, these are the novelty type things that are going to be required in order to make this thing sticky.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 12:47PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Kalex716

There's been rumors that these vanity items would be bought using micro-transactions of sorts. Was half-expecting them to announce it during fanfest, but as far as I know, there's nothing concrete on that yet.

Posted: Mar 30th 2011 6:17AM (Unverified) said

How much better would not this game be if it had PvP minigames where you could enjoy some ship to ship PvP without the fear of losing your 200 million ship.

Kinda like a PvP training simulator.

Posted: Apr 2nd 2011 2:53PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@(Unverified)

It's called SiSi, the test server...

MMO Week in Review: Are you Elite or Dangerous?

Posted on Dec 21st 2014 8:00PM