Posted: Mar 27th 2011 2:30AM SgtBaker1234556 said

This bit sounds very epic:

"docking with a Sleeper databank in a wormhole site and fighting the Sleeper drones inside, only to be ambushed by players who docked there earlier and have your ship destroyed while you're in the structure"

So somewhere down the line that means Incarna avatar PvP.
That's a killer feature (excuse the bad pun).

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 2:46AM SgtBaker1234556 said

Also, since all of you people at Fanfest are curing your hangovers, I'll answer my own question from the previous thread, I watched through some of the presentations, and it looks like Incarna gameplay will be centered around:

- The 'Establishments’, which seem to be player-run businesses.
- Boosters and contraband items will be re-made and sold only through avatar trading or through these establishments.
- You'll be able to gamble for ISK

Still not quite sure how this maps to a real gameplay though, but I guess that will be revealed soon enough.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 5:46AM GaaaaaH said

"The captain's quarters coming in the summer expansion could be just what EVE needs to increase the retention of new players"

I disagree, just having the room that has the same functions as a menu will do nothing for the retention rate.

The steps taken AFTER that are the important ones, which will influence retention.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 3:53PM Zyrusticae said

@GaaaaaH

I think you greatly underestimate the effect having an actual avatar has on immersion.

I know plenty of folks who are turned off simply by the "you're a spaceship!" part of EVE...

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 4:00PM Borick said

@Zyrusticae

I agree. I would play Eve, but for the control system.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 11:08AM Irem said

The "player-run establishments" bit is exciting. If there ends up being a large station-based community, I could probably find a niche there.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 11:09AM Xilmar said

if the game's about spaceships, that's the selling point. people won't pay 15 euros a month just to hang out in the captain's quarters and player owned bars if they don't like spaceships.

Posted: Mar 27th 2011 11:36AM Sabbatai said

@Xilmar Your kidding, right? Either that or you don't play Eve. Half the population never leaves their station, or only leave to complete trades.

Posted: Mar 30th 2011 10:59AM spamero said

zillion fucking links and none leading to FANFEST

ffs thats why I dont read this stupid site very often

Posted: Mar 30th 2011 12:49PM Brendan Drain said

@spamero Fanfest isn't a website that can be linked to, it's a three-day real-life event in Reykjavik, Iceland. The official fanfest webpage is up at http://fanfest.eveonline.com/ but it only contains details on things like what topics were scheduled to be on the agenda at Fanfest. That's why I linked to it in the article on preparing for fanfest, but there's no much point in linking to it here when there's no new information up on it. There are no official sources to link to for any of this information because it was revealed at fanfest and so our attendance coverage is a primary source.

Why I Play: ArcheAge