Posted: Mar 25th 2011 10:27PM Kunari said

EVE Fest sounds so fun, wish I could make it to one someday.

Posted: Mar 25th 2011 10:38PM Lateris said

The captain quarters look really good. Do you see how the interaction with the screens for recruitment, news, the market, PI, and your ship? This is where MMO's need to go. finally we are kicking E&B arse! LOL - kidding.

Have fun up there in Iceland!

Posted: Mar 25th 2011 10:55PM Zyrusticae said

The chessboxing match was utter brill.

The news of new nebulae/starfield and turret graphics has me seriously excited as well.

Good times ahead for EVE!
(Note: Yes, I am a total eye-candy whore.)

Posted: Mar 26th 2011 2:06AM SgtBaker1234556 said

So - what's Incarna about then? Did they actually release any info what the actual Incarna gameplay might be about? Or are we just happy to have *awesome* hangar screen and *awesome* new ship spinning tools?

I'm sorry to rain on anyones parade, but it seems incredibly thin to me.
They announced Walking in Stations many, many, many years ago and been promising it on every fanfest ever since but I'm still as clueless as I was when I first heard about it - and the first iteration release is going out in couple of months? C'mon, there must be more than vague promises of complete awesomeness at this point?

I realise this probably comes out as incredibly whiny and bitter - but after years of abuse, I'm really sceptical of CCP's ability to deliver. It seems to me that the high-flying ideas presented at fanfest are not really anchored in the organization before the top management goes out and announces them.

So you guys on-site: let's hear what Incarna is all about?

Posted: Mar 26th 2011 1:48PM mcj said

@SgtBaker1234556

Why do you feel so damaged by CCP that you feel compelled to respond to every EVE-related post with venom and negativity?

As a 2004 player, I've found this years fan fest to have plenty of meat, plenty of vision, and enough deliverables to keep me happy.

Posted: Mar 26th 2011 2:00PM Dblade said

@mcj but you couldn't list anything for the Sgt.

Posted: Mar 26th 2011 3:36PM Zyrusticae said

@SgtBaker1234556

It's a long-term thing. You'd think someone who's stuck with a game for 7 years would understand this...

CCP is taking incremental steps towards making EVE into the quintessential sci-fi simulator. Yes, CQ is looking kind of anemic atm, but it's just the first step to a much bigger, much deeper universe.

Posted: Mar 26th 2011 4:05PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@mcj

Hey, that wasn't venomous! You should see my other posts!

Besides, I'm trying to behave, so I did try to keep it on-topic - and I am really, truly interested if Incarna has any gameplay, other than some eye candy factor.

Please, feel free to show me the error of my ways. And tell me about the Incarna gameplay.

Posted: Mar 26th 2011 5:10AM (Unverified) said

Shame you guys didn't go to the chessboxing, it was absolutely amazing :D

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014