Posted: Mar 24th 2011 9:04AM MrGutts said

Oh where is my new class!

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 9:07AM Tiresias said

Let me be the first to say that this game is the "Gold Standard" for free-to-play games on the market at the moment.

Despite being incomplete (it's missing two of the five planned playable characters), the gameplay is tense and exciting. The characters feel very powerful without trivializing content -- thanks to the excellent graphics, sound, and gameplay design. The world is vibrant and interesting; it's beautiful when it needs to be and downright creepy in some areas.

The best part is the gameplay. You could potentially take a naked character with a level 1 weapon to any encounter and WIN if you play perfectly. Nevertheless, the game is tough in the right places and presents interesting and exciting fights both against bosses and minibosses. Even the trash mobs have personality, and can be quite scary in their own right.

If you are looking for a departure from "stat sheet MMOs" that are little more than pseudo-turn based spreadsheet simulators I highly recommend checking Vindictus out. You can very easily play clear to the level cap without spending a dime on the game as long as you meter you playtime and don't care about ugly underwear!

The game isn't perfect, but it's absolutely worth the download.

Posted: Mar 25th 2011 1:24AM Naru now in 3D said

@Tiresias

How can you avoid paying for inventory slot expansions throughout the whole game? I found that by the time I was hitting level 9/10 I had absolutely no room left since I was holding items for quests, crafting, and so on.

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 9:08AM crainey92 said

Myself and my friend tried this game out when the beta launched in the US and spent a full day trying to figure out how to get past that region lock, we did eventualy and it was a great game. Although it was a good game i'm afraid it'll have to wait, on the American servers and as a result of the proxy we used it was extremely laggy and pretty much unplayable, my friend loved the game alot more than I did though.

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 11:05AM Germaximus said

When this game was new i thought it was just gonna be this really fun cool casual action game to play.
Now it has had so many insane and awesome updates im impessed as hell how far its come.

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 11:59AM jaycrockett said

Love this game! Even though I play very casually, I love having it available for when I feel like smashing some heads. And the more I play the more I see the depth to the combat system.

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 3:44PM Tazmanyak said

Could anybody give some info on an European release please?
Vindictus seems to be a must-test game. Cant wait to put my hands on it ... and i'm quite afraid it will never come to european countries :/