Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 2:15PM relgoth said

I think this is their first title? If not correct me.

But if it is i hope it was their best ever. Because thats all they have o_O

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 2:29PM Daemodand said

@relgoth A simple Google would've revealed to you they have games such as Farmerama, Dark Orbit, Zoomumba, Fast & Furious and Seafight. So no, this isn't their first title by a long shot.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 2:51PM relgoth said

@Daemodand

Thats why i said if not correct me lol. This is really to be honest the only game ive ever heard of from them in the mmo sphere.

And id like to think of myself as pretty well read especially when it comes to mmos. So either they didnt make that big of a splash with their other games, or they failed. Doesnt sound like they failed though.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 2:21PM Vladeon said

Even though they have the producer's input, they've still made some pretty big mistakes with continuity of the series. One of the more glaring is that they call Commander Adama, Admiral. He was only Admiral Adama when his son was the Commander of the Pegasus. Kind of a big difference.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 2:30PM Daemodand said

@Vladeon I'd call that a nitpick, not a big difference, and perhaps an intentional nod to the original series?

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 3:52PM burnleyjohn said

@Vladeon

I was just watching the Final Season last night, and they referred to Adama as 'Admiral' all the time. Guess they did their homework after all.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 4:14PM Vagrant Zero said

@burnleyjohn This game sets before the final season. He was still Commander Adama back then.

Honestly, BSG isn't the type of show that lends itself to being watched without an active brain. There's Jersey Shore for that.

Still, I do consider this more a nitpick than some glaring apocalypse of apocalyptic proportions.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 6:05PM CCon99 said

@Vladeon is right. ***Spoiler ahead*** The game obviously takes place sometime during season 2 because Pegasus is in the Fleet in the game and hasn't been destroyed yet. Pegasus didn't join the fleet till halfway through Season 2 and was destroyed very early in season 3 after liberating New Caprica. But yes it is nitpicking.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 8:51PM Decados said

@Vladeon BZZZ...wrong. Sorry, thanks for playing.

Adama was promoted to Admiral by Roslin at the end of Resurrection Ship Pt II. Lee Adama didn't become the commander of the Pegasus until a full 5 episodes later.

The episodes in question are - Epiphanies, Black Market, Sacrifice, Scar and finally The Captain's Hand.

It's not said in game, but the commander of the Pegasus is either Fisk or Garner at this point. Given how very short a time Fisk was commander, I'd guess that former Chief Engineer Garner is now the commander of the Pegasus.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 2:31PM (Unverified) said

@relgoth They have released I think in the 60 or 70 mark for games going way back. Lots have been scrapped however. Dark Orbit and so on still going strong.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 5:49PM pcgneurotic said

So is it any good as a game, and is it still cool even if you're not a nu-BSG fan?

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 6:17PM Tom in VA said

I'd like to see a review of this game. What's it like?

Unlike many, I found the original series and characters to be kind of a bore, but the setting is pretty cool and perhaps well-suited to an MMO.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 6:19PM Tom in VA said

I guess I should say the "remade series", rather. I actually prefer the old original cylons and setting to the series reboot,

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 11:26AM Breadroll said

Yeah it's a really fun game, the dog-fighting is surprisingly good. So far the community has been really friendly and helpful as well. I actually started watching BSG AFTER playing the game for a time.