Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 7:46PM (Unverified) said

That's mainly due to the nomadic pvp playerbase. After Tyranny self imploded (a one man guild came in 10th on the rankings recently) they transferred first to Cimmeria, and when that server started to die down in pvp activity they and many native Cimmerians chasing a population to fight transferred to Wiccana. Since they mostly wait in between minis popping they have lots of time to yammer on in Global.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 8:41PM winterborn said

That type community is in every PVP game since its the PVP playerbase that acts like that.

It seems most of them moved on to Rift as evident by thier community.

The game would have been 10x better without PVP and a focus on PVE content. I think the secret world is a huge waste of what could have been more content, I just dont think the SW theam is popular enough to sell well.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 2:05PM Nerves said

@winterborn
Can I have some of what you're smoking? How many horror MMOs are out there right now? Let's call it an untapped market. The fact is that people are hungry for something different. This, if they do it right will fill the void for a lot of people.

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 11:26AM Poordevil said

@winterborn

I don't know that Secret World is going to be a big hit either. I just hope it doesn't bring Conan down. Horror may not be a common MMO theme, but video games in general have plenty of them, console and PC. Having a great Conan game is truly unique, I think there is one old PC Conan game and one console Conan game, that's it.

I hope Secret World does okay just to ensure Conan doesn't go under, kinda like trickle down economics. I don't care about Secret World, I just want more AoC content!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 9:19PM Deadalon said

• 1 heart
Talking about Grahpics... Then we have gameplay that puts ugly vizual hud shileds on your character .....

Way to get things totally wrong Funcom....

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 2:17PM Xelendar said

Imo this graphic engine update will mainly improve the siege experience.
The game still has all its issues to fix, and even with a HC PVP server for those die hard pvpers, i really dont see anything to make me return to the game.

I did love the game, and i didn't had any performance issues during normal gameplay.

Posted: Mar 25th 2011 4:36PM Avernus said

General chat has gotten a lot worse lately on Wicanna. People keep saying it is due to transfers off of Tyranny and Cimmeria, but I don't know. I do know I've used the ignore feature a lot more lately.

Still if you think this is the worst, you probably haven't played Darkfall or Global Agenda. Those take the cake, write racist and homophobic things on them in icing, crap on it, and eat it.

Make My MMO: August 24 - August 30, 2014

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 6:00PM

PAX Prime 2014: ArcheAge is a go for launch!

Posted on Aug 30th 2014 5:00PM