Posted: Mar 21st 2011 3:04PM jambaskate10 said

I was just about to call off from work for an entire week!!! thats what you get for looking at the pictures before the title of the post hahah! Back to dreaming of my "genuine test invitation" :(

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 3:07PM jambaskate10 said

@Triskelion Woah thats a bit extreme wouldn't you say? Theres no ruining bioware...

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:22PM Suhaira said

Rift hacking was a test run for the real prize... Swtor's release lol.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:27PM Mr Angry said

Obviously they need to stress this ahead of announcing a wider beta testing intake, which will be announced this, or next week!

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 1:45AM Uffo said

Why publish a note saying "Real invite will come from address blabla@bla.bla." when faking the sender address doesn't even require technical knowhow or trickery. Now they'll have a wave of fake invites that seems to come from that address and people who have read this reply will be more likely to fall for it.

Other services have done it better with the "Log in to our online service to check if you have been invited." A mail can still have a link to a fake online service, but faking the address of that will not be easy and people can be directed to use other links instead of the ones they receive in mail.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 5:09AM JoeH42 said

I'd prefer if they'd just call me by my full name. I gave them my full name when I registered for Beta and scammers aren't going to know it. That's how I could always tell legitimate e-mail from Blizzard vs. scammers.

Posted: Mar 23rd 2011 1:26AM Kaoss said

This is a terrible announcement, and terribly handled. Pretty much all they say is "legit invites come from no-reply@bioware.swtor.com" but it's in fact stupidly easy to spoof your email address so when the person receives it, it comes up as exactly that : no-reply@bioware.swtor.com"

They should have said that all invitation emails will take you to our site "beta.swtor.com(or whatever it is)" and make sure when clicking a link to a beta invite it takes you to this address. It's easy to spoof an email address, but it is close to impossible to spoof a domain name. I honestly think they've made it worse!

Perfect Ten: Strategies for juggling multiple MMOs