Posted: Mar 21st 2011 12:39PM relgoth said

hope they are able to fix their security issues. id really like to see a wow competitor, it will make mmos better in the long run.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 1:04PM (Unverified) said

@relgoth

They already have. They contacted the person who found the security hole and posted about it on the forums. They kept in contact with him and had a patch out within several hours.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 1:09PM (Unverified) said

@relgoth

Well to be more precise they fixed one blatant security issue, the one on their end. I'm sure there's more, but then there's nothing they can do about player's who don't follow proper security procedure except constantly warn them about what not to do.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 1:21PM The Minn said

Hey I was part of the hacking issue, woohoo!! Oh wait....that's a bad thing. Ya I didn't play for a week (school) and I logged on and had 2 new characters I never made...

Posted: Mar 29th 2011 1:02AM Faction 3 said

@The Minn Pffffahahahha!!

I'd have loved to see the "WTF?!" reaction you had to that.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 1:55PM Dunraven said

Love the information but I really wish they would get someone with a bit more announcer/online polish.

It seems today the only experience you need is to be a twenty something female.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 5:51PM Suhaira said

They get the Devs and CMs because they have been podcasting about rift since months before beta. The guild the main chick is in is also rumored to be one of the early alpha tester guilds. Also they are female. :P
Rift Watchers podcast had the lore leads in episode 2 iirc.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 11:04PM eyeball2452 said

@Puremallace

I appreciate that Abby goes on the podcast, but the podcast really needs to get more focused on the game. The discussion topics have been very hit or miss.

I know that hacks have been a big story, but it's really not that important to those of us who aren't on the bleeding edge and haven't been hacked, which is over 99% of the community.

I've been listening since about episode 31 or 32 and the two women in charge really need to re-evaluate their discussion topics.