Posted: Mar 21st 2011 8:36PM (Unverified) said

going to try this out, hows this game doing? I remember my guildies wanting to try it out, but never heard feedback.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 8:45PM xyna031 said

Means? I WANNA SELL!
I havent tried this game but for what ive heard its alot incomplete...

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 8:50PM The Ogre said

If it wasn't for the open-world PvP and my computer not meeting the minimums, I'd be on it in an instant. As it stands, however... :(

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 9:06PM (Unverified) said

To me, it felt like a "land" version of EvE, a lot less polished, and even more complicated (for the lack of proper documentation/tutorials).

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 9:29PM Danteeeee said

@(Unverified) A thousand times this. The HUD confused me, and I wandered around not knowing what to do.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 10:25PM Rindon said

@Danteeeee
I have not played the game but I think given the population that I heard it has, it should turn out to be a pretty good game. Give it 6 months - year.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 12:00AM Quarlo said

Wow, everything about it does remind me of EVE. The weapon effects, the mech models, even the non game footage graphics.

Reminds me of when we used to go to Virtual World.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 1:12AM Tantabobo said

Having played the beta, I too feel that it was EVE with robots. Which is not a bad thing as I thoroughly enjoy EVE. However, it is decidedly not for everyone.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 7:02PM Xilmar said

how about people stop with the "like EVE" thing? yeah, it's like eve...but then again it's not like eve.

if you played eve, you'll be familiar with some of the concepts, even the interface to an extent. but i'm guessing i'm one of not that many people who played eve and perpetuum both in the safe central areas and the dangerous zones on the edges of the map, i can tell you that the gameplay is discernibly different.

Life on the central islands sucks, and the devs kinda f**ked up with the mission grind thing. but on the betas, PVE is enjoyable, pvp is all about speed and EW (electronic warfare, like hamstring, and so on in wow), terrain can be either a friend or an enemy, depending of your and your FC's skills.

idk, it feels that at this point the PVP is like early EVE. small gangs throwing rocks at one another. it's simpler, more innocent and basic. but the game has room to grow into a great game, that's inspired by eve, just like every single other game that comes out.