Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:25PM Nandini said

There are quite a few known issues with this update already. Some of them are quite frankly showstoppers that should not have made it to release.

Players should acquaint themselves with these issues before they log in to play.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 8:17PM Icemasta said

@Nandini
The only real issue is the part where you don't get a relic on crit and just shard (I critted 20 times right after I joined, -20 relics for me lol).

The rest is pretty harmless.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:26PM Zuljundwumn said

Great, Champions are still broken.
Oh well, nice update anyway.
...
And I keep getting malware alerts from avast when I pop on Massively tonight, it's weird.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:30PM NeoWolfen said

For the record Massively this is only "partly" true, and you need to make it clear that this is only the case for US LOTRO players (turbine),

Codemasters will not be applying the update for EU players until March 24th between 0800 - 1500 GMT.

Once again you fail to remember your readers "this" side of the pond as far as pertinent info for updates for all involved go and it falls to us to provide the info ourselves :)

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:41PM Nandini said

@NeoWolfen To add insult to your indignation, I'd just like to remind you that Codemasters has moved the schedule up to March 22 between 08:00 and 15:00 GMT. If you're going to share pertinent info for other readers on your own side of the pond, get it right! :P

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:51PM Lenn said

@NeoWolfen It looks like we'll be getting it tomorrow in the EU.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 7:31PM Nandini said

@Nandini Of course, an hour after I write that, Codemasters decides to postpone the update until "later this week" after the buggy debacle that has been Turbine's launch.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 8:26PM NeoWolfen said

@Nandini In light of the issues the yanks were having with the uppdate I can't say im surprised. Still on the flip side that does mean we'll likely get a "more" fixed version lol

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 6:57PM Giltheryn said

Update looks good so far, and the spring festival starts tomorrow.
@Zuljundwumn
I'm getting Malware popup too, from Avast. Massively might want to check their advertisers. This might be a false positive, but maybe not.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 7:10PM Avick said

As far as the problem with the false positive from Avast, I am also running no script and am not getting any alert from Avast. The only script I do not have allowed is from allakhazam.com.

Also, you guys removed the comments about the false positive. Pretty shady...

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 7:11PM Avick said

@Avick

And they're back now. Or maybe I just didn't see them the second time. So, nevermind!

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 8:48PM wfseg said

Still downloading the update =/ . Can't wait to see the changes to my minstrel.

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 11:39PM MMOaddict said

Its funny. I have a lifetime sub. But the ONLY time I ever feel compelled to play LOTRO anymore is when they add new zones to explore. Meaning: the game world to explore and look at is the whole reason I still have it on my PC. The combat is boring and tedious, leveling alts the same. I just haven't had much fun in the game since the last zone expansion. I wish it were different. I wish the combat was fun enough on its own for me to just grind out the dreary deeds, but every time I play I feel like I'm pulling teeth.

Just saying.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 4:49AM DiscoJer said

• 1 heart
You know, people joke about games like LOTRO being "Theme Parks". But the way they keep adding more and more "Buy Now!!" buttons to the interface and pop-ups for the store, it really does feel like one.

I too have a lifetime sub. I barely play anymore and can still keep up with the glacial pace of updates. I'm guessing all the money the F2P switch has gone straight into Warners (or the Paizs) pockets, not back into the game.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 5:59PM JaySpeed said

@DiscoJer

You barely play yet you take every opportunity to tell the world how much you hate the game. Turbine doesn't do anything right. The quarterly updates aren't enough for you. Etc, etc, etc.

Personally I'd rather have larger updates every 3 months than small updates monthly. Update 2 was a very large update. Turbine included alot of stuff for people. People have been begging for a new raid for over a year and we finally have it. Yet it's not good enough for you. We get it, you don't like the game. Move on and play something you do like.

Global Chat: Blaugust triumphant