Posted: Mar 20th 2011 2:06PM Raikulxox said

Looks like another f2p game that had lots of ideas, but lacked the polish to pull it off. Was looking forward to this to get your opinion. Think I'll pass.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 3:11PM (Unverified) said

Love all the stuff you can do in this game. I much prefer virtual world games where the end game is living in the world, instead of the end game being a gear grind. It's a shame that the AAA titles can't seem to incorporate any of these concepts. We seem to be stuck having either games with large budgets/small innovations or games with big innovations/small budgets. It's a shame really.

Also more more GM's need to get into character like this one did. I'm sure if Lani Blazier over at Aion cosplayed as a Deava in her interviews then even the haters would have to back off a bit.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 3:21PM Beau Hindman said

@(Unverified) How far have you been in this game? Have you been able to get a farm or cafe? I'm curious how it works, since I haven't made it that far yet.

Beau

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 6:36PM (Unverified) said

@Beau Hindman

Ah... I guess I should have said "Love all the stuff you can do in this game.... according to this article/video/website" Sorry I have no first hand experience with the game yet,. I was just intrigued by all that it offers from the videos. My bad >.<

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 3:31PM Audacious said

So it's Pokémon the MMO, than?

I'm amazed it took someone this long to beat Nintendo to the punch in that department.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 4:04PM DevilSei said

@Audacious

If my memory serves right, people have tried it, but Nintendo would just send them the good ole "C&D" kiss of death, like they have with every other piece of fan-made, free, game.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 4:18PM Fakeassname said

@DevilSei

*facepalm*

he is talking about porting the basic mechanics of Pokemon into a mmo, not actually making a Pokemon MMO fan game.

personally this sounds more akin to "Harvest Moon: Online" than "Pokemon: online"

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 4:32PM Beau Hindman said

@Fakeassname Yeh. Harvest Moon might be closer to the truth! I dig that, though, all these different things to do. I like killin' stuff as much as the next gamer...but it does get old.

Beau

Posted: Mar 21st 2011 1:49PM cowboyhugbees said

@Fakeassname Dude, I would play the hell out of a Harvest Moon MMO.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 8:36PM Zenn said

I actually played this during the beta and a month or so after it's release and got the miniland with cafe and a large collection of pets but...

All in all it's a real letdown, customers who come to your miniland for your cafe just go to a little stand where they go to buy products from your cafe and just walk back out, they don't sit down on the tables or chairs that you can put down and you don't get any money to boot. Did I mention they also have wall hacks and walk through any of your decorations you may have in place?

Same goes with farming, you farm to feed your pet and that's about it pretty much, no rewards or anything from it. It becomes more of a chore than something that is fun.

Like some others have said, great ideas, but poor polish

The Daily Grind: Which MMO has the best fishing?

Posted on Oct 20th 2014 8:00AM