Posted: Mar 16th 2011 12:55PM FTPgodmode said

i guess I was never invited =[

although I did get a key to apply to the beta about a week or two ago

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 2:37PM Suplyndmnd said

@FTPgodmode

Double check your email. I got one a couple weeks ago as well and got invited with this round. i never played the first one but if these are the improvements, i can see why the first one failed.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 3:20PM FTPgodmode said

thanks for the tip, i checked and nada! it sucks cause the original email says 'Your Key to San Paro is Inside' =[

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 4:03PM Suplyndmnd said

Yeah, i thought i was in too on that email but it's like a key to enter the running for a key. Unfortunately i've run across some people who are using aimbots and the game is absolutely stupid with them. Also since i live on the other side of the country the lag is prohibitive when a split second counts. The cars drive like they're in a thick soup.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 7:07PM Apakal said

@Suplyndmnd

I'm in Ohio, and since all the servers were in the West Coast, I assumed that that was the cause of my 900 ms latency, which made doing next to anything other than running impossible.

But then I killed that Gamers Live program that they make you install with the game (it will be running over in your tray by your clock on Windows and show up as its own process in Task Manager), and my latency dropped to a pretty normal 150ms or so.

That said, the game as far as I found it has a terrible mission system, driving mechanics worse that GTA, poor weapon balance, and a complete lack of any sort of progressive gameplay. I didn't play the original rendition, but if these are all the improvements GamersFirst made, its still obvious why the first version failed so miserably.

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 1:25PM static07 said

@Apakal @Suplyndmnd

Right because your opinion is the finite truth? I don't like WoW so that's why it failed... wait what?

For a game that already went down once, there's still a lot of interest, 150k beta applications? Must mean no of the old players want back in, yeah that's sarcasm again.

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 1:37PM brijac said

No key :/

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 3:53AM ra6a said

I cnow I cnow I will never play this game !!!

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 3:53AM ra6a said