Posted: Mar 16th 2011 7:55PM Luk said

You are wondering what is off with COH and NCSoft?
CoH is getting old and not as cool as GW2 or has millions subs in Korea like Aion, that is what's off.

It is not like NCSoft is going to shut it down just because the game is not bringing as much money as the cool kids on the block, right? Right!

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 9:06AM UnSub said

@Luk It's not (for me) about NCsoft killing CoH/V, it's what else is Paragon Studios working on that is going to guarantee their future.

Going Rogue didn't bring back large numbers of players. Revenues continue to trend down. I don't believe that NCsoft will, in the near future, suddenly shut CoH/V down, but it can certainly cut back on the development staff numbers at Paragon Studios.

That'd be sad.

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 8:01PM Daemodand said

@Luk Guild Wars? Oh, yeah, it's that other game that makes about as much money for NCSoft as CoH does. That high horse you're on? It's actually a Shetland pony.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 2:10PM Stormwalker said

@UnSub And your evidence for your claims is?

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 1:09PM AT3374 said

I hope they don't let people go . Continue coming up with new and better ways to play and more will join

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 8:03PM Daemodand said

@AT3374 Too late. People have already been let go, including a couple of big names.

I'm not too worried about the game surviving. Ultima Online is still running, you know?

Posted: Mar 18th 2011 1:15PM Luk said

@Daemondand.
Calm down, Adonis.
I said Guild Wars 2, you missed two in GW2, which is coming up soon and probably will be NCSoft next high horse. I like COH, it was the first MMO I ever played, but with GW2 on the horizon, how long do you think it will be until COH will go into maintenance mode or worse.
There are 3 super hero MMOs on the market right now, CO went F2P and will survive, DCUO still going strong and will be F2P(or part of station pass) in a year or 2. Unless COH will do the same, which it really cannot, because of the way it was designed and because NCSoft would rather kill it than allow it to be "free", COH future doesn't look that good at all.

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014