Posted: Mar 15th 2011 8:26PM paterah said

Just some of the things I like in my games. Player skill determines the outcome and not gear and luck. I understand the combat might be intimidating for some tho.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 11:52AM Daemodand said

@paterah Let's see if you still want to rely on your reflexes in 20 years.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 10:07PM Averice said

Does anyone know if this game has animation canceling in it or not?

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 11:27AM sauceofmagic said

@Averice do you mean
a) animations can be switched on in the menu?;
b) player can actively cancel the animation with action still proc-ing?;
c) animation can be cancelled in the code - Aion-hacker-style?

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 1:43AM Addfwyn said

Increasingly excited for this, RIFT is a nice past-time, but Tera is the game Ive really been looking forward to for a while. Every post I see makes it sound more and more like my kind of game.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 7:47AM vaughan42 said

At first glance this game looks like your standard MMO faire, aside of course from its mind blowing graphics. After closer inspection however there is a lot of innovation going on here, ground-breaking combat, a political system, loads of pvp options, MASSIVE bosses, full outfits instead if single gear pieces. really excited...

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 9:31AM (Unverified) said

The game does look extremely promising. Love what I've seen in the Korean version so far, and hopefully they retain all the good of the Korean version in addition to whatever they can add here. Large maps are always welcomed too. They also need to make sure that updates from the main Korean side come can be implemented quickly over here. Slow implementation of Korean side improvements was one of the problems Aion had initially here.

It also may be hoping for too much, but it would be nice if they eventual add some sand-boxy elements to it some day (expansions?). Housing, even if instanced, can add a lot of possibilities for an end-game other than gear grind (bleh...). Instanced business districts could tie in with the existing political system ,for instance a Castanic ran bakery w/npc's could be fun. Mabinogi with Tera visuals and combat would be my ideal I guess :)

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 11:53AM Jef Reahard said

@(Unverified)

Agreed. I still enjoy Aion in small doses, but the 55 AP grind is beyond ridiculous, and has driven me to cancel my account on numerous occasions. Getting a full set of PvP gear (averaging 10-15k AP per day) takes around 15 months.

Hopefully the former Aion staffers working on TERA will help avoid that kind of nonsense.

I'm looking forward to the game quite a lot, but there needs to be something to do other than combat/grind.

Betawatch: April 12 - 18, 2014