Posted: Mar 15th 2011 10:33AM Alph said

I've become very disenchanted with this game.

The issue, for me, lies with the devs. They start out with a generalized change which usually sounds really awesome but once it's actually implemented, it's very lacking at best. It's almost as if they lost touch with a large chunk of their community and it's wants.

I'm still going to give Echos a chance, maybe my take on it isn't correct and I'll be proved wrong but unfortunately I'm pretty far from hopeful at this point.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 10:35AM MrsAngelD said

Hopefully they are implementing some kind of decent LFF interface as the current one kinda sucks...lol.

Anyway I'm looking forward to some new content...might give me a reason to re-sub as atm I'm premium because I didn't see a point in paying to skirmish when I can do that easily for free.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 12:01PM Nerves said

It's about time, too. I'm surprised they haven't lost more people than they have in this very lengthy dearth without new group content. Instances look great, but if they want to keep subscribers they need to keep new content coming.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 12:38PM deluxe2000 said

Although its easy to pass the time levelling alts, I'm personally waiting for some sort of graphics revamp. And more responsive combat, as it all still feels like swinging at air.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 3:03PM Dril said

@deluxe2000

Out of interest: have you played a Warden? I used to flame LOTRO's combat system to the ground (and it really turned me off the game,) but playing a Warden was...nice. Satisfying, fast-paced and just generally awesome.

It made me love LOTRO and, finally, look at my life sub as a damn good idea.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 6:30PM DiscoJer said

The big problem with LOTRO, besides the content trickling out (this is basically the only new content in the 6 months since it went F2P) and the money grubbing item mall, is the insular behavior of the community.

People just do not want to group (or talk) outside of their guilds.

So I don't know who this new content is aimed at. Turbine seems to think this game is full of hard core raiding guilds, but it mostly attracts casual players, who end up leaving because the game just isn't designed for them (in terms of content and how much grinding is needed).

Guild Wars 2 is the direction the design of this game should have gone in, rather than being a cookie cutter Tank-DPS-Heal raiding MMORPG...

Make My MMO: December 14 - 20, 2014