Posted: Mar 15th 2011 11:47AM Space Cobra said

Hey Beau, two suggestions:

1) Keep up with telling us which browsers work/don't work well with each game.

2) I know you are focusing on quality games, which is good, but every once in awhile, put out a top 10-25 list every few months. Also, along those lines, I'd like to see a top 10-25 list of games to AVOID or "Games of Shame". :)

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 12:08PM Beau Hindman said

Will do. iPhone/Android gaming will also figure heavily into this column, so I plan on testing it out on those devices as well. If a game can run in a certain browser of Flash (or something similar like that) it can run on some of the mobile devices, but still I want to make sure that they actually look good without having to zoom in every 3 seconds.

Beau

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 1:30PM shockologist said

@Beau Hindman

I just bought a gtablet 2.2 from viewsonic and good quality games are starting to trickle to it Pocket Legends comes to mind as the best so far

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 3:10PM Beau Hindman said

@shockologist Hmm, how do you like it? What sort of browser does it run, or does it use an app style for content?

Beau

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 1:31PM Jack Kevorkian said

This game has the lasting power of close to a week. It is a tad more polished and there is more to do than most city building flash games but the fact is it is still a city building flash game.

Lvl 9 Tower Complete in 4 days...so boring, so not fun at all.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 4:31PM (Unverified) said

Beau, Thank you for doing this. I am very interested in this column. MoW is something I have looked at but not played. I'm a fan of the genre so I will surely give it a swing. I just picked up Medival Total War and Rome Total War on Steam for $2.50 each. Great deal if you have the rig to run them. I wonder if a service like Steam can benefit from these browsers games? At first glance, I would say possibly. Seems like this is a growing field in gaming. Curious how the developers feel about it. I read recently where some of them cursed mobile gaming. I look at it this way there is a niche for almost anything. The iPhone will most likely never be a PSP and that is OK. Browser based games will most likely never be WOW killers and that is OK too. Anyway .... Good luck and see you on Twitter.

Posted: Mar 20th 2011 4:58PM Shirogetsune said

Thanks for this article, started playing and I can't stop. Just the sort of low system requirements kind of game I was looking for to satisfy those gaming urges when I'm between traditional MMO play sessions.

Posted: Mar 22nd 2011 11:59AM Xavious said

Started playing MoW as well and have to say it's pretty deep system for a browser game, nice.

Also, not sure if there is an audience for this, but, I'm playing a couple sports based browser F2P MMO's. One called Trophy Manager, a soccer game (football to most of the world), and Goal Line Blitz, an American Football game.

These games generally dont take much time to play, as little as a few minutes a day, and no 3D game play, simple graphics or text-based.

Pretty fun, if you like sports. It would be nice to see more sport theme MMOs though, for the sake of variety.