Posted: Mar 17th 2011 1:17AM freebase said

@jslim419

My point being SWTOR isn't bringing anything new to MMOs. They're admittedly following WoWs model and if TOR turns out to be a repetitive gear grind just like WoW, then I probably won't continue to play it. I've been there and done that.

When you look at games like The Secret World and see what they're trying to do it's exciting. There's nothing really new and exciting about TOR although I will probably give it a try. I want to like it.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:07PM paterah said

@Puremallace That would be a disaster...for me at least.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:10PM Quarlo said

Hopefully they'll use the 'extra' downtime to revise space combat. If I want space combat on rails I'll play Starfox on my old Nintendo.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 9:13PM Transientmind said

@Quarlo

Hey, Starfox was =awesome=. You could do much worse than to update it with modern graphics!

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:21PM Jef Reahard said

@Puremallace

That would actually be frickin' awesome. I would pay to see that nerd carnage.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:24PM Gaugamela said

For the despairing fans:

These are good news for Rift. They'll have more time to addict their players. :P

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:28PM HokieKC said

I bet TOR comes out in 2012.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:43PM Taawa said

@Rayne26: Don't worry about Warhammer40K. That won't be out until 2013 at the soonest.

@EA: Keep delaying SWTOR if you have to. Maybe the men in suits at Bioware and EA have presence of mind and are haunted by memories of Warhammer Online's launch motivating them to let SWTOR be truly ready.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:43PM Interitus said

I bet the official forums have imploded by now.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 6:09PM Khalus said

I'm waiting on both GW2 and SW:TOR, and I don't see GW2 as any competition due to it being a buy-2-play title. Since there is no subscription to worry about, its just like buying another $50 game, only with a persistent world to delve into at any time.

It'll also be a good place to adventure in when the SW:TOR servers are updating, or you're waiting for an event to happen or a friend to catch up, or ya just need a break from Sci-Fi for a time.

I will be playing both regardless of when they get released!

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 6:17PM ThePenIsMightier said

Guessing game? I guess the obvious:hello, Holiday Season Hit.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 7:44PM Interitus said

@ThePenIsMightier

Except that would clash with their release of ME3. Since the target audience overlap so much I don't know if they would risk releasing two such similar games so close together.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 4:24PM ThePenIsMightier said

@Interitus

One, the market has shown that it can bear multiple huge titles.

Two, ME3 is more of a console hit than a PC hit.

Three, the holiday season is two months. The kind of people that make the obsessive first day purchase will have sunk plenty of time into whichever title hits first if the second comes around a month later.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 6:52PM Wildcard273 said

Oh man!! Bioware you're killing me. Well, I'd rather them take longer and get the game right than rush it to market. Ugh...then at least release min system specs for crying out loud.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 7:04PM Lateris said

Just like the oracles told me---2012. Bummer

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 7:22PM JoeH42 said

Luckily I'm enjoying LoTRO enough right now that I'm actually kind of happy SWTOR isn't coming out too soon. I want to play it right from the beginning (never done that with an MMO yet) but don't want to stop playing LoTRO quite yet.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 7:26PM madcartoonist said

I'll never be mad at a MMO for pushing back its release date. If it means more bugs are out before launch then all the better. Alot is expected of a MMO at release now a days and some games can't survice a bad release well (I'm looking at you Vanguard).

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 4:24PM ThePenIsMightier said

@madcartoonist

Waitwhat? How the hell did replying to myself end up replying to you? Oh that's right, this site is owned by AOL.

Posted: Mar 28th 2011 4:16PM ThePenIsMightier said

One, the market has shown that it can bear multiple huge titles.

Two, ME3 is more of a console hit than a PC hit.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 7:50PM TwistedComplex said

Did GW2 fans come on this article to talk about GW2?

Seriously?