Posted: Mar 14th 2011 9:06PM cowboyhugbees said

Any word on having the ability to sheathe your weapons in this update?

(Yes, I hate to be hung up on something so trivial, but it makes a big difference for me regarding character immersion and the like)

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 11:15PM Tinkus said

@cowboyhugbees I know there's a /sheathe command, but it just makes the weapon disappear. Or at least it does with my Warforged.

Apart from that and the hilariously random armor, I'm still loving DDO.

Posted: May 31st 2011 6:51PM HiroProtagonist7 said

@cowboyhugbees
If you use the "Weapon Sets" and assign next or previous set to a hotkey, then it will rotate through - one of the sets is always 'sheathed' - for example, I have mine sets set to bow, sword/dagger, and dagger/dagger so the forthe place is "sheathed" as I rotate through

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 11:13PM DiscoJer said

I don't understand how they can add new content to D&DO every couple of months, but in the six months since F2P hit LOTRO, they've basically added nothing.

Yes, I know we're get a thing for raiders in the next update. Whee (I say as a non-raider). And I know we got a small region when F2P hit 6 months ago. The sort Turbine used to put out every 2 months when LOTRO launched.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 2:54AM Kaoy said

@DiscoJer Correct me if I am wrong, but doesn't LotRO update in 'books'? As I understand it, the team running it seems to prefer very large content updates over a longer period of time, as opposed to the small event or a few quests every couple of months like we get in DDO. I would think this dry spell you folks in LotRO are having is just them gearing up for the next book.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 3:01AM Kaoy said

Finally a crating feature! So often have I been blue-balled by Vampire Axes when I want a Vampire Falchion. Sigh, now back to grinding Invasion on the off chance I manage to find the only Vampire Falchion in the entire game, as part of a once a year event around for only a few weeks.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 4:28AM pcgneurotic said

For me, the Trip and Sunder animations are the 'meat' of U9. I mean, they're both key skills which everyone can use, and the only indications we've ever had that they've been triggered are the combat text and the cooldown shading on their icons! This is esp. exciting news for me since I play a lot of mêlée characters. Thanks Turbine, this is awesome. :)

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 6:26AM mrwakka said

Sounds great, looking forward to the crafting.

Not the same, but it kinda reminds me of the Asheron's Call crafting, which i really liked.

Posted: Mar 24th 2011 1:29AM sigtrent said

Looking forward to it, lots of cool additions and some interesting (and I think good) changes to casting in general.

OMG: That drow with attitude is my character Kurzun! Too cool. :) Who knew he'd landed a modeling contract. :P