Posted: Mar 15th 2011 3:28PM Dblade said

@Xilmar Sgt baker used to be one of the defenders of EVE on Massively, and I'm curious what pushed him over the edge? Was it the huge NAPs in 0.0?

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 3:45PM Xilmar said

@Dblade

Not sure what he's story is, but that's not the point...This isn't about teh game, it's about something meaningful that the players can do for RL victims. And how CCP makes this possible.

And you don't need to be pushed over the edge to troll. It's a great hobby. But trolling EVE is like trolling WOW...it's old and every 12 year old can do it properly. Not nearly enough lulz to make it worth it.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 3:01PM SgtBaker1234556 said

@Dblade

I pretty much stopped playing EVE after it became clear CCP wasn't going to do any iterations on Dominion after first release. Supercaps online is not my idea of fun, but maybe I'll come back when they finally get around to do something about it (though the upcoming true-sec changes are funny). I'm not entirely convinced about the alleged awesomeness of the CCP -devs :-)

I stopped making sense on Massively after my n-th "serious"-post got deleted because "someone reported it" - while in some other topics the blatant f-bombing and trolling is allowed to go on forever. They simply lack decent community manager, their moderation policies are seemingly random and their comments system isn't much good for anything but a quick troll (and don't get me started on the user profiles).

I still occasionally try to make sense on other MMO-sites under different pseudonyms and even defend EVE at times. I promise I'll try to be a good boy (I'm 12, right? :-)) here in the future.

Ps. Oh and Xilmar, I do like some of the things you say, even though you're a horrible carebear :-)

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 5:13PM Xilmar said

@SgtBaker1234556

agree on first paraghaph...agree on the second and third one.

supercaps are cool i guess, but definately not that fun. but change will not happen soon, that's for sure. (for people wondering why, it's coz CCP hates miners - it's my story and i'm sticking with it). and even if the devs seem less nerdy and more facebooky, they're still better than most imo.

as for me...well yes, i am carebear-ish...i like helping people, i'm a good guy irl. the massively comments on the other hand reak of carebearism because i've come to realize that if i say something negative, if i contradict people, comments get deleted. i blame massively's PC extremist attitude.
but getting started on epicly failing from tyrannis till incarna, dust, the csm members and whatever woud be a waste of my time, coz it'll likely get deleted coz i offended someone or said f**king and that sort of s**t. - yes, the idea behind dust is cute and will be the standard in future years, but they (CCP) are idiots for not thinking it all the way through. clueless managers and economic analysts making moronic decisions without even understanding their target audience.

and wasn't calling you 12 per say, just pointing out that it's a bit of a meh most of the times. when most people have no opinions and just use the +/- signs, a comment with some substance might move things along. not in this case ofc, it was a bit of a fail, but in other cases.

tl;dr wall of text, not important

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 1:21AM Brendan Drain said

It's definitely something that other companies have done, that's true. As you rightly said, the fact that CCP doesn't donate in their own name isn't very publicly visible. That's why think it's important for us to make those aspects of it clear when the topic comes up.

Betawatch: November 22 - 28, 2014