Posted: Mar 14th 2011 12:10PM (Unverified) said

Is......is that a picture of a wolf riding a dinosaur???

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 12:53PM Kalec said

Wish I had more time for this game, must admit finding mobs on the map is sometimes a chalange in itself!

And yes, that is a wolf riding a dino / dragon lizard thing :)

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 3:06PM Waxil said

Too bad the game is pretty much dead (and has been for a while). Low population (and a good portion of the remaining population are not the sort you want to play with anyway), significant reward for macroing/botting, end game is basically quake in a fantasy setting with a monthly fee... etc

Accept failure, shut it down and move on already. These games which linger unnecessarily and slowly bleed out are a sad sight.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 3:42PM Jef Reahard said

@Waxil

Why would they shut it down? It's making money and they're hiring new devs, regardless of whether disgruntled players mistakenly label it a "failure" or not. Lol.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 3:39PM Kalec said

@Waxil Have you played the game recently ?

I admit, I haven't played much at all and I haven't been @ launch, but it is nowhere near dead. Yes there are a lot of sons of #@!%! but the game is catered for them. Can't beat 'em ? join 'em!

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 6:16AM oddshrub said

@Kalec
I bought their 10$ deal last week and it has surprised me in two ways. The first was the positive surprise of how fun magic and archery combat is when you've got to aim your stuff, the second was how friendly people were.

I mean I killed a couple of my fellow newbies in happy tree elf town but nobody ever killed me out of fear of turning red or renegade, and as I progressed into the world everyone I've met has been helpful and friendly. I've only been killed once actually, although I have several embarrassing pve deaths.

But the game sure feels pretty dead. The EU server has below 2000 active players if you look at the clan list. Which probably isn't too bad but the world is so big so you can go several hours without seeing anyone.

Coupled with really boring crafting and a semi-boring unproductive pve system it's just not the shadowbane replacement I hoped it would be and I'm already logging back into eve-online again instead.

The Stream Team: Anchors away in ArcheAge!

Posted on Sep 20th 2014 1:00PM