Posted: Mar 13th 2011 6:07PM kgptzac said

And to all those who are interested, http://match.eve-csm.com/step_2.php provides a quick survey to find candidates share most viewpoints with you :)

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 12:36AM Jack Kevorkian said

@kgptzac as a noob this link came out to 65%-54% all as no opinion. Kind of proof that my vote doesnt matter if I am being honest.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 9:18AM ScottishViking said

@Jack Kevorkian Or, maybe that you have no opinion? ;)

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 10:16AM Jack Kevorkian said

th@ScottishViking well I said I didnt have an opinion about the things I didnt understand but tried to go "strongly" on anything I did.

I'd probably throw my vote towards the least popular person just to make them feel warm anyway.

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 9:39PM GaaaaaH said

You left our Stephans Ingame Name, which is what most peopel would know him by. I now need to search to find out who it is.

Looks like it's Meissa Anunthiel

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 11:31PM ScottishViking said

Three-time CSM voter here. No candidate I have ever voted for has one, but I still feel it's important to participate. I do wish there was a ranking system so you could vote for three candidates in order of preference, but I understand that this would be a logistical nightmare. ;)

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 3:44AM GaaaaaH said

@ScottishViking
Not really, because it is all electronic, it would be easy to cull the lowest voted candidate in succession until a winner is selected

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 9:19AM ScottishViking said

@GaaaaaH

I was being generous, anticipating the "NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT" crowd.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 12:40PM Xilmar said

I love mining. There's nothing better to do on a saturday afternoon than being in vent/ts with a few frinds and having a good mining op. We tell jokes, debate this and that, analyse the market, watch youtube vids and lurk on forums. All this with the quiet noise of the mining lasers and Below the Asteroids providing a soft background noise. There's literally nothing more relaxing to do in the most complex MMO.

I've stopped mining. Why? because running missions in my golem, with a mate tanking ina domi and a Noctis looting/salvaging can earn me 200 million a day - this is with a bit of luck and avoiding missioning hubs all together.

But anyway, CCP hates mining and miners - personal opinion. Miners agree, non-miners will not. And i'll be voting in the election, as well as all my mining mates, for the small hope that something will change. Doesn't have to be less inactive, that's the beauty of it. But it has to be more profitable. Just so that me and my friends can have a good time doing what we like to cover our pvp losses.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 5:39PM killroy said

@Xilmar I think if they could just curb botting then miners would see a dramatic increase in the value of the ore they mine.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 6:30PM Xilmar said

That might help, but not that much to be honest.

Two reasons. First of all, based on the information released by CCP, the majority of botters are mission runners.Yes, it would help, but not by as much as one might think at a first glance.

Secondly, and most importantly, we have seen in the past that gameplay changes affect the mineral market in a real way, rather than bots. And at this point nothing minor has any bottom line value.

btw, botting should be dealt with promptly because it affects the overall market the most. and a player driven economy is one of the very few core concepts CCP started with, 10+ years ago. What mining needs is a change of how isk and resources are being obtained.

Yes, l4 missioning is more profitable than mining, but that's not the biggest problem imo...it's moons. many might argue that moon profits are an absolute necessity, some might say it's still not enough, but the truth is that the sheer increase in profits makes mining ops seem like a bit of a waste of time.

As i see it, there are 3 core professions: PVPer, miner and mission runner. and the pewpew should be sustained by both missioning (high sec mostly) and mining (nullsec mostly). PVE just got another expansion (Incursion), PVP is the main focus and being constantly worked on..we'll see T3 frigs by the end of the year -personal speculation, and except for belt respawn rates and the orca, mining has nothing much.

Seriously, i'm ranting, but mining really needs an expansion asap. A few new ships, more importance to miners' roles in 0.0, at least one useful rig - coz expanded cargos aren't really mining rigs, they're just a pathetic best of the worst - maybe some sort of a lite-compression done by a lite-rorqual thingy ship or some form of relatively safe mineral dedicated ship for hauling larger stacks, and so on. So little has been done in the last years, that the limit is light-years away.

And to get on topic, i sincerely hope that the new CSM will do more for this segment of the player base...the bar's already set really low, let's be honest...and if they show some love, maybe more people will get interested the CSM and not consider them PR people for either CCP or 0.0 alliances.

WRUP: Expanshapaign is too a word

Posted on Dec 20th 2014 10:00AM