Posted: Mar 12th 2011 12:23PM Skyydragonn said

not to offend but there are several "non-issues" being glorified here.
the vote-kick feature, its happened in other game and has not ended the world yet nor has it had any seriously negative consequences. Factor in the non crossrelam queue system and the possibilities of running across those negatives you mention drops to negligeable at best. Sure you can vote kicka ascrub, but that scrub can then go on the forum or /shout and let others know. in a single realm queue system reputation amongst your peers still counts for something.

As for the PvP exploits and such, whil;e they do exist the issue isn't near as rampant as it was at release and what some consider an "issue" is actually intended design mechanic. For example animation cancelling is intended by design for certain situations. Example cancelling from a combo to a superpower, or canceling a superpower into a combo. Those are intentional elements. the issue was canceling superpower into superpower chains resulting in almost instantaneous death for your target.

My one gripe really with the update is its another batman centric update. While I understand that Wonderwoman may not be as popular or have as well known villians, between her and superman I'm sure they could have used a different mentor counterpart for the update. Also how does no one else get annoyed at having voice dialogue repeat itself anytime you interupt it to open a window or activate a mission....hearing the same clip 3 times just to start a mission gets REALLY irritating IMO.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 11:09PM kalipou134 said

@Skyydragonn
Doesn't matter, game's already dead. Title of the article should be too little too late.

So many issues with this game and so little care from the developper.

Would it be a different story if it wasn't tied to its ps3 counterpart? Well that's a choice sony made, they could have switched any time to ensure the pc version's succes and they CHOSE not to.

That's where DCUO failed and it failed hard. It's still playable, if you like fighting the same 5 people all day/night long and don't mind long queues and bugged instances.

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 9:41AM Spookimitsu said

@kalipou134

wow, on the PS3 i never experience long queues, and hardly any bugged instances. From what YOU say, I guess the PC counterpart really does has problems.

I love this game.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 12:44PM (Unverified) said

nothing good coming so far. the issues that need to be dealt with badly, the ones alienating most of the game's population, are not being touched. yet. worthy keeping an eye on this one, but my copy has been uninstalled for a month now.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 1:57PM Dunraven said

I would like to see more of Flash, Green Arrow and Green Lantern. Love Batman but yeah...they are hitting it too hard.

But this whole alienating the games population nonsense is just silly.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 5:28PM Furdinand said

@Dunraven I agree, bring on the Rogues and the Secret Six.

As for the writers' comment about not wasting time on the holiday content, I wonder if the content was already in the works prior to launch. It might be different teams working on bugs and content.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 11:40PM Skyydragonn said

@Furdinand
Usually they're are seperate departments that handle those things, the art department doesn't code the dialogue for example. Most games do this in thier first year, becuase whether or not it makes sense that year is the time to implement holiday events not 4 years down the line. To us its silly but forma development standpoint its do it now while we have a full staff or do it later and pray we get it done.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 2:33PM Altruist said

Ugh, more holiday content. I'd say they should use those dev hours to develop more core content, but judging from the Valentine's day content, I'm not sure it even took "hours" to develop.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 5:19PM DiscordSK said

@Altruist
The whole game, aside from the graphics end, had that very same feeling for me. The whole thing, when I still played it, had a extreemly unfinished feel to it and while gloriously pretty it game an impression of laziness on the developers end. Content seemed absolutely minimal and the missions felt extremely copy & paste. All in all, DCUO never felt like a game that justified a five year development cycle.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 10:50PM Shirogetsune said

I signed up for the Legends plan on the PS3, so they have my money for 3 months starting in Feb. At that time, while freezing was common... it wasn't horrid. Now, it's not uncommon for me to hard freeze 3 or 4 times within a 3 hour play session.

Content aside, what will *really* determine if I stick with this title for another 3 months is whether or not they can get it together and solve this freezing issue. My consoles does other things than DCUO, and I'd rather it keep having the ability to do so. If the hard freezing results in a brick one day...

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 1:06PM pixelmonkey said

"We're told that the duality of Two-Face's nature will play a large part in his content"

Makes me wonder if they duality they are referring to is not his actual IP characteristics but will he be broken and buggy, then fixed, then broken and buggy...

Hey it's a feature...