Posted: Mar 11th 2011 11:11PM Dunraven said

I'm really having a blast with this game, I'm not getting why some folks are calling it a failure tons of people are playing on my server. Different strokes I guess

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 11:20PM remeran said

@Dunraven

The game is great, but not perfect. I love it and will continue to play it while it evolves to a better game. To be honest the only real problems I have with it at the moment are the bugs and the exploits. I'm getting kinda of sick of going into a duo and finding it bugged and empty, or getting to the last boss only to find that the boss duplicated itself and I get annihilated. If they fix these bugs within the coming months I'll be a happy camper. So you're definitely right not a failure by any means, just needs some work.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 1:07AM (Unverified) said

theyre really milking it. theres nothing really left to talk about. judging by the way things are going (catwoman, kingpin) this game will consist of monthly PVE updates. there seems to be a complete disregard toward some bugs, pvp and balancing in general.

anyway, i rolled a gadgets controller, played him till 30. long story short, it didnt feel like i was playing anything resembling batman. the abilities didnt flow together well and some were downright useless or glitched.

this game was fun for 2 weeks. then it's just more of the same pve grind for gear. wow does it better.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 6:49AM remeran said

@(Unverified)

The great thing about the DC universe is that there are a billion things they can do with the updates PvE wise. They have over 70 years of source material with the comics and there are plenty of heroes/villains that they haven't even introduced yet. PvP wise they can still add dozens of villains to the legends PvP making it more dynamic and fun.

During the live chat Chris Cao specifically stated that they were consistently working on preventing the PvP exploits so I wouldn't say they were disregarding PvP. I would say however that I haven't heard much on the what they're doing to fix the bugs in the duos and instances.

Also my main is a gadgets controller and find that my abilities flow together rather well. I guess it is a love it or hate it type thing.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 9:41AM Dunraven said

@(Unverified) What are they milking the DC storyline? statement like that are so ignorant IMHO....I have been playing since beta iast grinding for gear is the last thing I have done. And Kingpin is a Marvel Character guy...but that really explains a lot about your distaste for the game.

For the Comic Aficionado the story lines are really good, it feels like an issue of JLA. The Gadget controller I played seem to work really well for grouping, but was a bit tough in the solo dept, however the challenge was nice.

But I don't think that is the issue... I have a feeling that anything that isn't WoW will suck to you anyway.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 1:47AM Furdinand said

I've noticed fewer and fewer bugs. To me, they are being swatted at a reasonable pace.

The DNA of the game is really great. When everything is firing on all cylinders, the game does a great job of putting you in The Flow and keeping you there. No matter what your role, you have to be an active participant in fights. Contrast this with most MMOs where healers and to a degree even tanks stand around pressing a few buttons and sometimes move out of fire. In WoW, when my shaman ran out of mana all I could do was sit back and wait for it to regen. In DCU, my Nature healer is able to regen power by firing off combos. I'm never not doing anything in a boss fight, I'm always active.

I honestly had to stop playing Rifts at level 2 because I now find it offensive that I have to loot corpses. I can no longer stand to stop what I'm doing in game to run around an pick pocket bodies. Now it seems weird to have to do something other than overcome a challenge to get my reward.

I think this lack of content/action throttling is why some many classic hard core MMO players became bored after a few weeks. They weren't used to having their progression artificially slowed down by gear checks. They played the game 40 hours a week like they did other MMOs, not realizing that DCUO is so skill based that they would quickly finish all the raids even without months of farming hard alerts (the equivalent of WoW Heroics). Because raids are the end game for almost all MMOs they considered themselves done with the endgame. Really though, DCUO has a lot of asymmetrical end game content.

I think this game is only going to get bigger and in a few years the naysayers will look like the focus group that gave the Seinfeld pilot a poor score. They were presented with something so new, that they couldn't process what they were seeing.

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 7:29AM orso said

Been playing the game since launch and I am definitely still enjoying it. Its not a perfect game, but it is much better than many other games that I have played at launch.
The game especially great for casuals, who can't put a lot of time into a game. It's nice to only play for an hour or two and still feel like you were able to accomplish something.
It also has a lot of content for the hardcores out there. Of course the hardcore players who blast through content might be left with not much to do.

I'm really just anxious to see what they do with the different monthly updates. My goal is to progress on a track that lets me progress just behind the different updates.

Make My MMO: December 21 - 27, 2014