Posted: Mar 11th 2011 1:23PM Pingles said

Will buy both sight unseen.

Tribes 1 was a masterpiece. Tribes 2 was pretty good.

I hope they keep true to the spirit of the original where a single player can see what is missing on the team, fill that spot and make a difference in the game regardless of whether team communication is great, bad or nonexistent.

In other words, you could be on a bad team and still have a great time and perhaps turn the tide.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 1:29PM (Unverified) said

HELL YES!

"Before Halo, before Modern Warfare, and before Battlefield, there was Tribes,"

WB! and DONT BE VENGEANCE!

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:35PM Bartlebe said

Where do I send my money?

I WANT IT SO BAD.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 6:27PM Fakeassname said

would Hi-Rez just give up on telling people they are going to release an actual "mass battle" mmo?

I kinda have this funny feeling that this isn't going to be a free and clear stand alone game like prior tribes games where in you can set up your own servers and what not ... enjoy loging into an account at Hi-Rez and buying a booster.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 6:47PM archer75 said

@Fakeassname It won't be. It's a Tribes MMO. There are some original tribes devs on the team. They know we all hate Tribes Vengeance. They built a new game, tribes, because the engine technology behind global agenda would not allow for mass battles like people are asking for so now we get tribes.

Seems as if the devs get it. But time will tell.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 7:19PM Fakeassname said

@archer75

thats my point, their whole justification for dumping the mass battles from GA was because it would take so much work that they would essentially be building a new game. now suddenly there is "market potential" for another arena style PVP shooter? I smell bull shit ... actually delivering what they promised their customers who bought GA based off of those promises was too hard, yet they have time piss away making a game that sounds a hell of a lot like the one they all but abandoned?

mark my words: $10 says this thing ends up being nothing more than GA re-skinned with a tribes theme.

I can deal with companies not being able to live up to what they say they are gonna do because of financial reasons, but to continuously lie about the future of their products while delivering half assed results is too agravating for me.

I fully plan to hate on Hi-Rez until they prove me wrong on how crappy they are.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 11:21PM archer75 said

@Fakeassname This is not tribes universe, the large scale MMO. This one sounds like a more traditional shooter. Coming out on the 360 as a digital title sounds more like a arcade game. I'm betting they sell if for fairly cheap. Perhaps something to hold the fans over until tribes universe comes out. Or to generate more interest in universe.

Looks like Tribes: Universe is still in development and that will be the large battle MMO.

I never heard massive scale battles promised for GA. I heard them say they were testing larger battles in GA. I've heard them say they would like to do larger battles. I never heard them promise that though.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 11:23PM archer75 said

@Fakeassname As someone who as played tribes and GA I don't envision this as GA at all. GA is persistent and has PvE elements. Really I see this as your typical shooter since they are marketing it as a sequal to Tribes 2.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 6:22PM drunkenpandaren said

@Fakeassname

I don't think you ever played Tribes. Tribes isn't another arena shooter.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 6:59PM SKYeXile said

Figures, take 2 on coding an arena style FPS...do we keep hitscan and SSHP and expect the game to be playable with 200 ping? or would not using the base unreal netcode be to difficult?

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 7:12PM SKYeXile said

@SKYeXile SSHD*

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 10:19PM (Unverified) said

My inner 9 year old just lost it for a minute

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 6:18AM (Unverified) said

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 9:58AM Dunraven said

I hope they add Hercs from Earth and Starseige

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 12:54PM tooright said

Relax,

Here's the straight truth about Hi-rez studios.

They have a history of making grandiose statements about games, features of games, and remakes of games. This is merely the third iteration.

In another 6-9 months they will abandon this and instead will be releasing another "revelation-of-epic-proportions" about something completely unrelated to this or anything else.

If I were to bet on it I would place it all on chapter 11

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 10:50PM Fakeassname said

@tooright

lolololololol

that about sums it up.

Posted: Mar 14th 2011 9:22PM Fakeassname said

no, but what Hi-Rez just said they are making is ...