Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:14PM (Unverified) said

it's actually starting to look pretty epic. theyve smoothed out the animations and moved away from stylized art quite a bit, which were the main issues for me.

im just worried the combat system wont be dynamic enough, and that the skill trees wont give enough freedom for people to express their playstyles.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:20PM doublerainbow said

Oh hello there, you are looking mighty tempting aren't you SWTOR?

Well don't you worry, I plan to eat you all up!

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:41PM Cirocco said

I won't mind visiting this ancient world when it releases. No swords or sandals. Just good clean science-fantasy fun.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:45PM akaplan said

Game looks great, but I really still am not digging the look.
Some games are fitting as cartoony, but others should look more real.
This is one of them. I want to feel close to the world, and immersed. This games cartoony look is to me:
A) Not even pulled off well, the game isn't impressive-looking with visuals for something launchin 2012.
B) Very cartoony, WoW/TF2ish visuals. Reminds me of the clone wars cartoon. Every second I look at it it reminds me "THIS IS A FUNSIES VIDEOGAME" rather than something I can feel like I can take seriously.
Its a lot of the textures, the hairs look cheesy and the faces look close to cel-shaded.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:46PM akaplan said

And I just looked up and saw that I repeated a couple other views on this trailer.
well, amen

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 5:24PM Dirtyboy said

HK-47 FTW

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 6:46PM Yellowdancer said

• 1 heart
I personally believe that STWOR is going to be a failure....

But I'm buying it anyway. Jennifer Hale plus Lightsabers is Win Button in my book.

I really do think the game will tank though. Not just saying that.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 7:35PM Ingrod said

I like the SWTOR graphics style, from the begining they never pretend have high end photorealistic graphics in their game, his objetive was have graphics near to reality but stylised for two reasons: not become obsolete by the release of more advanced graphics technologies and maintain the game graphic requeriments low. But with that ilumination, textures and models are much more advanced and detalid than in WoW or other older MMOs. Graphics dont are realistic, but are good.

And the animations are more better in the current PAX build than in previous builds, how you can see in this video from the current PAX hands-on.

In-game animations are better inclusive than in this trailer, and now can be easily comparable to GW2 or Rift animations.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 9:11PM Poohbum said

sucks that with the originals they made you think that there was this vast galaxy, yet with this and the prequals you just realise that their recycling the same desert planet and city planet again and again...

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 1:21AM (Unverified) said

This video restored my faith in this game.

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 5:50PM (Unverified) said

To be honest, I'm getting tired of the rehashing of the existing IP-material.
I understand the publicity value of having Hoth in the game, but it was always my understanding that those shield generators were built by the rebel alliance as they settled on Hoth after A New Hope.

Same thing when SOE used Mustafar in SWG - a game that was about the original trilogy timeline... Come on.

As for all of the new, original-to-the-game content, I can hardly wait.

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 8:50PM freebase said

@(Unverified)

meh. the 3 prequel movies didnt even follow what was said in the original trilogy

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 11:36PM TheRepublic said

Yeah....I think I'm gonna like this game....

Posted: Mar 17th 2011 9:05PM Space Cobra said

You know, it is far too late but I forgot to comment on one thing in this trailer that got a buzz outta me.

The new sport, JAWA-SLICING!

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......!"