Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:18PM Drunken Irish Sniper said

• Half a heart
@PaperSpeaks. DA2 was a "money grabber", there is an article on Kotaku about it.

I lost faith in BioWare when they butchered ME2, I expected them to do it again to DA2.

They seem to be really bad when it comes to sequels because they don't care about the people that actually bought and played the game giving them success, they only care about making a fast buck by dumbing it down enough to get the attention of people who are only smart enough to play shooters.

No doubt TOR will be another failure, but I'm sure they will twist the weak minded into playing it the same way Rift is getting so many sales.

I'm looking forward to when everyone comes down off the hype so I can say "I told you so!" and lol at them.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:20PM Drunken Irish Sniper said

• Half a heart
@Drunken Irish Sniper. BioWare is the reason people should pirate more games.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:57PM dudemanjac said

@PaperSpeaks
What was wrong with DA2

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 3:28PM (Unverified) said

@Drunken Irish Sniper

Bullshit. I'm lolling at you right now, and hard.
ME2 was a lot better than ME, and ME was already a great game. I expect ME3 to do great as well.

Man, the delusions that game company haters manage to come up with sometimes...

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 9:36AM PaperSpeaks said

@dudemanjac

I won't deny that I enjoyed it a bit, perhaps without being spoiled by DA:O I would have enjoyed it much more.
It just felt like a very distilled rpg, strategy and difficulty was abandoned for the more action type game... As many people say, it's more suited for console rather than a PC game.
It's personal opinion, perhaps i spouted it out of frustration... One misstep (in my book) from bioware shouldn't really account for the strong history of games that they had anyways.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 3:43PM BoundingDeer said

@PaperSpeaks

DA2 was a MASSIVE let-down. Talking to your companions like once a year? And then the fade-out? Comon' I play Bioware games FOR THE STORY! please don't abandon what makes your games great!

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 12:43PM (Unverified) said

How can this look so dated already? The art style is quite cartoon-y for what is possible these days - I was expecting something more realistic in the Aion/Rift style - this looks like something Cryptic would put out.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 12:47PM (Unverified) said

• 1 heart
To be more specific - the hair looks like blobs, all the surfaces look exactly the same (cloth looks as flat as leather which looks like metal), and there isn't the shading, shadows, and reflections to make it all look truly three-dimentional.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 1:24PM Thasri said

• Half a heart
@(Unverified)
Yea, people like you make me want to kick a kitten.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 3:05PM VisualGloss said

@Thasri Why would you kick a kitten?! Why wouldn't you just kick the person? Leave kitties alone!

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 12:50PM Zyrusticae said

WTB non-human "alien" races.

Trando especially. Plzkthx

No money 'til then.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 1:22PM Thasri said

Nice! I'm freaking excited to play these game! Please please announce a release date! Well, heres to hoping.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 1:28PM Lucidus said

• 1 heart
I don't see any space combat... just that horrible rail shooter.

If they had real space combat I'd love this game so hard. As it is... meh.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 1:28PM macnbc said

I'm kind of amused at the people complaining about whether the characters blink, whether it looks too cartoony.

I don't play games based on how elaborate the animations and art style are. What I care about is "Will I have fun playing it?"

Obviously that can't be judged off the trailer, but based on what I've been hearing so far, I'm psyched about it.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:01PM Randomessa said

@macnbc

I don't think there's anything wrong with someone observing that they don't have as much fun if they dislike what they're looking at. It's all a matter of degree; if aesthetics didn't matter at alll, SW:TOR should be just as fun if Jedis were represented by blue squares and Sith were represented by white squares. Our tolerance levels are just different.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 6:03PM Space Cobra said

@Randomessa

Sith would have to be Red squares.

Princesses could be white!

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 1:37PM Apakal said

I can't say I'm as excited as I was maybe 6 months ago. When this game was first announced, I wasn't totally dissatisfied with the WoW model. Now I am, and I haven't seen a whole lot of evidence that this game is going to be much different.

Combine that with what all we know about how Mass Effect-ish the game is going to be (which believe it or not isn't a game I'm incredibly fond of), and its not painting a very appealing picture for me.

And in light of all the new information we have on The Secret World and Guild Wars 2, this game is seriously starting to pale in comparison. I just don't feel like they're pushing the envelope very much.

Maybe if I see some real actual gameplay I'll feel a little different. These cinematics aren't really doing it for me.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:09PM Plastic said

@Apakal

Posted: Mar 12th 2011 10:51PM freebase said

@Apakal

I agree. I use to be more excited about this game but it's looking more like they're doing what WoW did except they're not improving on the model. This video was just a bunch of random split second clips mashed together. No game play here. It wasn't even good quality. Couldn't watch it on full screen without it looking like pixilated crap.

Posted: Mar 13th 2011 8:58PM babywolfman said

@Apakal
I felt the same way watching this. It's like my excitement for the game goes down with each new video like this. I always kind thought the design of the models looked a little strange - kind of like the Clone Wars series, but afraid to fully commit to the cartoonish style and personality of that series, so falling into something not real enough and not cartoony enough. I don't need photo-realism or Unreal engine graphics to enjoy the game, but this is in something of a stylistic uncanny valley for me.