Posted: Mar 10th 2011 9:13PM Netu said

Wow, talk about "up and coming."

I hope they go for quality; it seems too many of these F2P companies go for quantity--e.g. PWE. Sure, they've released, what, 12 games but only two of them are worth shaking a stick at, and to be honest, even those are mediocre and very, very cash shop heavy.

Money is money, though, alas.

I hope Black Prophecy brings something new and fun to the table.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 10:00PM JuliusSeizure said

*points at UFO* Hey, an original concept for an MMO setting!

What? Secret World? Nah, that's magical conspiracies, not underground resistance against alien overlords. Well, okay, it is that, but it's magical conspiracies forming the underground resistance. Also, the aliens are magical and much more inscrutable.

Still, Secret World minus magic and most of the secrets is new. Ish.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 10:48PM Twitchy5 said

Damn Gamigo, nice job.

From what I've played in Black Prophecy, it looks really promising, they just need to fix up the major bugs.

Post-apocalyptic sounds like Fallen Earth, but the problem with that game is that it was just... idk... weird. The interface was kind of bad, it had little sense of direction, and for the time the game has been out, there's still a lot of bugs. Hopefully gamigo can fix those problems.

Magic for the kiddies, but that's alright.

UFO... now that's actually an unoriginal... yet original concept. I guess underused is the right word. Will be interesting to see where it goes.

"Browser"
That's the part that I don't like. Browser games require on demand loading making the game slower, laggier, and the games don't look as polished. I like my games downloaded, with a nice icon on my desktop to go.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 11:14PM yeppers said

The UFO game looked a lot like it was based off the sci fi series V. An mmo based on V would seem plausible.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 5:29AM Space Cobra said

@yeppers

There is another analogy many people are pointing at; it is based on X-Com. Since you train members of your squad in a similar way and it involves aliens.

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 7:14AM Snichy said

Looking forward to Black Prophecy, havent had time to try the OB yet but may wait until launch as all my time is taken up with Rift but eventually BP will be a nice change.

Also, "....when the game's first major update hits sometime at the beginning of 2011." If release is later this year, surely the first major update will be next year so shouldnt that be 2012, not 2011? Or am I being stupid...!

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 8:17AM Tazmanyak said

interested in Grimlands, really!
Thks for the news ;)

Posted: Mar 11th 2011 2:05PM StClair said

and fans of the original UFO/X-COM wait with wary hope, wondering if they're to be disappointed yet again...

Leaderboard: Which dead MMO is your favorite?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 12:00PM

The Daily Grind: Do you prize MMO stability?

Posted on Jul 30th 2014 8:00AM