Posted: Mar 9th 2011 1:40PM Germaximus said

• 1 heart
I had lots of friends that played and loved this game, i never played it but have always been interested.

Do they really think im gonna pay to play it tho?
Thats just silly.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 1:53PM The Ogre said

@Germaximus
"Do they really think im gonna pay to play it tho?
Thats just silly."

No sillier than paying for any other pay-to-play MMORPG.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 2:20PM Germaximus said

• 1 heart
@The Ogre Yeah because people pay to play nintendo still.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 1:59PM Daemodand said

New Player Experience? NPE? Run for the hills! RUN!

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 2:51PM Unverfied B said

UO was released before some current-day MMO players were born (1997, almost 14 years ago) and is still being actively developed...

/salute EA

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 4:13PM Beau Hindman said

I love this. The stories and experiences built up in this game over the years are huge. I have an account from '99 that still has my main on it, and I happily go checking back in on him once in a while. If they pull off these new textures and new player experience, I will definitely roll a new toon just to check it out.

Awesome. Good job, guys.

Beau

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 5:56PM Ocho said

I never got into UO, but I LOVED the Ultima Series. Ultima VII / Part 2 is still one of my favorite games of all time. I wouldn't mind giving this a try, but I'm just playing too many other games right now... :(

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 6:06PM PiOmega said

Played 6 years from launch, part of running one of the largest guilds in the game. Could never get past the switch to the item based structure. I already had an EQ sub, didn't need an EQ clone.

But wow, this game was king in it's day. Like relying on other players to fix our equipment gathered around the forge in town. Stuff like that made it a great social experience, got me to pick up the trades mostly just to socialize etc.

Now it's all about BODs, all about getting luck armor, all about grinding for that next item, buy a repair ticket from the vendor and move on. Sorry, but just another dumbed down mmo. It's not that it was changed, but just what it is. New high resolution clients just was not what it was about.