Posted: Mar 9th 2011 7:05PM notinterested said

There is a serious gem here if they can polish it up a bit more and decide against the psycho asian style grindfest model like PW.

If not it will be a turd that only appeals to hardcores.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 7:15PM Taawa said

Is that a hooker?

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 7:21PM Dunraven said

I always found it impoissible to register there...not iorth the hassle of even trying their games.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 7:29PM Rindon said

The only problem I see with this game is it is going to be cash shop heavy. 10$ for a 6 slot bag expansion, which you almost have to have a few of them at end game.
Items to increase success rate of upgrades for weapons/armor. Items to make pets better, mounts, etc, etc, etc.

I know they need to make money from it but it may be a little excessive.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 1:10PM sadsurfer said

@Rindon I see they do have bag slots in the cash shop but I got a free 6 bag extension as part of the rewards from the first 15 levels (about an hour or so play time). At the moment I do not have any need for more bag space but that could change as I level up.
So far really enjoying it. Using my English client (so everything is in English) on the French server as they seem to do more events and things but so far really good game.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 8:39PM (Unverified) said

• Half a heart
Heterosexist game is heterosexist...with a dash of plain old sexism too. All PWE games are that way, so I boycott them.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 9:22PM Slayblaze said

@(Unverified)

There must be quite a few games on your boycott list then...

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 9:45PM Skie said

@(Unverified)

O teh noes, skimpy outfits, whatever shall we do? God, go play Requiem if you want some sexism equality.

Posted: Mar 9th 2011 9:43PM markt50 said

I think I might actually try this one, kind of like a little experiment. I certainly provide enough negative feedback on F2P and Cash Shop games but I figure it is time to try one of the newer F2P games.

I'm going to set myself a couple of rules.

1). I'm not going to spend any more than £10 within a month, i.e. the usual cost of a monthly subscription

2). I'm going to try an be open minded. I know I have this instant dislike for the very concept of F2P + cash shop games. I'm going to try my best to work past that and see if I can actually enjoy the game.

Not quite sure what I intend to achieve by doing it other than hopefully having a bit of fun. I'm also playing and really enjoying Rift at the minute, so from a personal perspective it will be interesting to see how the latest subscription game stacks up against one of the latest F2P games.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 12:57PM Suplyndmnd said

@markt50 Honestly, I typically don't play F2P games but this one is quite polished for a F2P game. I always try them out and quit about 2 hours in but idk, this doesn't play like a typical crap F2P. It does have a few things which I think are ridiculous like talking in World Chat uses a freakin' consumeable that you have to purchase from the Cash Shop but I got into a nice guild so hopefully I wont need to talk in World as much. That seems to be my only complain thus far but I am only level 21.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 3:07AM InkSix said

I'm having a blast and so is my friend, who doesn't like MMOs, lol.

And FYI, I'm a Human Priest, and so far all my dresses have been perfectly acceptable attire to walk around in public with. No healer hooker outfits so far.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 4:30AM Gaugamela said

@InkSix

Usually the hookers are the Rogues or Warriors.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 1:00PM InkSix said

@Gaugamela

My friends a warrior and so far only his very first outfit was hooker-esque. After that all he's had to deal with are cleavage tops, but that's the worst of it. I think people overreact to much about this stuff.