Posted: Mar 9th 2011 10:46PM FrostPaw said

I'm interested to see what Blizzard does for its next mmo.

I spent a couple of years playing WoW and while I have no desire to go back to it I do respect how much polish the game has and how it continues to evolve.

I'd also just to go on record that I have never in my life hoped that one game would "kill" another, If I don't like a game I don't play it, as long as enough people like a game to keep it running theres no reason to ever wish it dead.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 2:59AM fullhalfcake said

• 1 heart
WoW is already on declined. Blizzard is desperate now first time in WoW history. Patch 4.1 is no where on the live server and patch 4.2 information is on MC. Rift has already hit big blow in WoW population. It would be amusing to see how Tera, SW:ToR and GW2 does.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 1:44PM freebase said

@fullhalfcake

Blizzard released their subscriber figures to you? Cool.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 3:59AM Fabius Bile said

• 1 heart
facebook-like game LOL pitiful. even the Blizzard minions will have a hard time enjoying this

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 5:38AM Snichy said

WoW is successful because it was in the right place at the right time, and filled a gap in the market. Nothing will ever eclipse it due to higher expectations.

I would love to see the reaction of the MMO community if it was released now instead of in the "golden age".

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 8:52AM (Unverified) said

@Snichy right on the money.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 7:11AM (Unverified) said

@Snichy you think nobody else will ever be in the right place at the right time again? You think there are no holes in the market, despite there being something like 6.8 billion people currently NOT playing MMOs?

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 9:45AM Kaoss said

BREAKING NEWS: MMO game developer expects game to succeed!

:S I don't really understand why this is an article, no new info on the game or anything.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 10:42AM Rayne26 said

Yeah i think it could be real.
If a simple single player game takes them about a decade to complete.
Why not 20 for an mmo.
I imagine their next project will make it's appearence after 30 years.Too bad ill be 56 years old.
I just give up on blizzard they are too slow.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 1:27PM Valdamar said

It's still all talk until they launch - then we'll see if lightning can strike twice in the same place. I have no doubts Titan will be a success, but can it take the place of, or supercede, WoW? I'm skeptical. WoW may have been a right place, right time, kind of thing - the MMO market is a lot more split and competitive now than it was when WoW launched. Nobody can say how well Titan will do, least of all Blizzard - we can only wait and see.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 2:10PM (Unverified) said

All I can say is that after the disappointment of SC2, expacs to get all races really Blizzard really? Blatant cash grab much, and they seem to have forgotten we no longer play on 15" screens. At least let us pull the camera back for solo play.
Cataclysm, well what can be said, easy linear console development for an MMO that turns into hardcore raiding at the end with little to no content to go from one to the other other than run the same 3 dungeons till you want to puke.
Unlike the past I will be waiting to buy any Blizzard games until reviews are in. Blizzard is no longer a gaming company that produces games for enjoyment, it is now an entertainment corporation only concerned with the bottom line. This PR puff piece is proof of that, some marketing guy suggested a higher up speak to the media to try and counteract the latest competition because they had no actual game content to release.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 1:39PM freebase said

@(Unverified)

Agreed. Let's get people talking about our game without actually giving them anything to talk about. Genius.

Posted: Mar 10th 2011 4:57PM ThePenIsMightier said

@Puremallace

Except not :)

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 1:36PM freebase said

Ha. Is that 20 years from now or 20 years from when the game launches 5 years from now? This is just going to get the hype snowball rolling. But hopefully the hype will be deserved unlike with Cataclysm. And if all the best people are now working on Titan I guess that explains how WoW is in such a mediocre state now.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 2:00PM (Unverified) said

I agree that this "story" isn't realy... well anything. Nothing concrete anyhow. If, on the other hand, it was to get folks talking, mission accomplished. All the nay sayers, and internet tough guys, are a buzz. with thier hyperbolic hate comments. No press is bad press, as they say. Looks like Blizzard wins this round.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 4:52PM (Unverified) said

I am sure most of the people criticizing a game we know very little about now will be playing it for as long as they played WoW. In five years when they get tired of it (and assume everyone else feels the same way they do) they will post on an article about Blizzard's next project and say how if it's anything like Titan and WoW (both games they loved for years!) it will be terrible.

Posted: Mar 15th 2011 5:48PM (Unverified) said

"Spoiler Alert "

Blizzard buys Bioware and Lucasarts and launched SWTOR as Titan !!!

LMAO

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 5:01AM (Unverified) said

Whatever: when their Titan product will launch: the internetz will explode.

20 years ? No, but 20 million worldwide playing it in the first months?

No doubt about that.

And for those bored ones: WOW was never better as it is now.

You are just too spoiled by the choices which weren't even there 5 years ago.

I play WOW for its PvP and I really can't find ANY other game with the same controls/polish/responsiveness/overview/tactics as the WOW's BG's.

Never even mind the CLUNKY MMO's (that includes rift too btw), I can't even seem to find to have the same responsive overview in FPS's.

WOW is simply the best responsive video game ever and the progress of your 6 year old avatars is just an added bonus which will always get lure in.

If you want to play something else ? Sure, but for how long ? A few weeks, a month ? My WOW avatars are part of my hobby, I will never give them up for a hollow shooter or copycat that is as long lived as the daily pants you wear.

Posted: Mar 16th 2011 7:30AM (Unverified) said

Quite the mind set they have, being around for 20 years won't mean specifically I will be playing it for 20 years. But if it'll last that long, they'll have to juice their brain cells for innovative game mechanics for that period of time to keep things feel "refreshing" to say the least :)